Featured Post

30 Teams in 30 Posts: #11

I'm ranking all 30 of the MLB teams in order of how much I like them at this moment in time.  As with most countdowns, I'm starting with the worst (Cardinals) and I'll eventually end up with the best (Reds).  The real question now is:  Where will the other MLB teams land in my countdown?

We are now one team away from reaching my top 10 favorite teams in MLB.  What team ended up just missing the top 10?

#11:  Toronto Blue Jays
Image source: https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/fans/downloadable-schedule

Truth be told, the Blue Jays are actively rising up my list.  Had I made such a ranking a few years ago, I'm fairly certain Toronto would have been down around #20.  Today, they've climbed all the way up to #11.  Why? 

The biggest reason is that I've had the opportunity to visit Toronto and take in a game there twice in the past couple of years.  From where I live, Toronto isn't actually much longer of a drive than it is to go down to Washington D.C. or Baltimore...and for the most part, the drive to Toronto is much easier.  Toronto gets some points for that in my book.

Secondly, much like the Rays (who finished in spot #12 just behind Toronto), I kind of respect teams that somehow win despite the odds being stacked against them.  If you aren't named New York or Boston and you manage to win the AL East, then you deserve some amount of respect.  Toronto had a few years of decent success and when the Blue Jays are winning, is there a louder venue than the SkyDome (sorry, Rogers Centre)?

Speaking of the Rogers Centre, the Blue Jays might be able to crack my top 10 MLB teams if on my next visit to Toronto I get to see the roof opened up.  For the three games that I've seen there, all three required the roof to be closed (rainy days mostly).


My list of favorite MLB teams (from worst to first):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  San Francisco Giants
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  Boston Red Sox
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Atlanta Braves
#23:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#22:  Milwaukee Brewers
#21:  Miami Marlins
#20:  San Diego Padres
#19:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#18:  Texas Rangers
#17:  Los Angeles Angels
#16:  Kansas City Royals
#15:  Minnesota Twins
#14:  Oakland Athletics
#13:  Philadelphia Phillies
#12:  Tampa Bay Rays
#11:  Toronto Blue Jays
to be continued...

Comments

  1. Huh, that's a cool pick for #11. I really like the city and the ballpark is okay. Like you, I prefer baseball to be played outdoors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment