Featured Post

30 Teams in 30 Posts: #7

I'm ranking all 30 of the MLB teams in order of how much I like them at this moment in time.  As with most countdowns, I'm starting with the worst (Cardinals) and I'll eventually end up with the best (Reds).  The real question now is:  Where will the other MLB teams land in my countdown?

Baseball season is officially underway but I haven't quite gotten through my entire MLB rankings.  I'm going to try and cover the remaining teams over the next week or so.  We are nearing the end of my countdown, however, as evidenced by today's team - the final NL East team to show up in the rankings!

#7:  Baltimore Orioles
Image source:  https://www.popsockets.com/products/baltimore-orioles

The Orioles have four things going in their favor which landed them in my top 10.  First, I've always been a big fan of Cal Ripken, Jr. and Mike Mussina (who is a local guy), both long time Orioles.  I actually have a small PC of Mussina and a slightly larger PC of Cal Ripken, Jr.  I know I keep saying it, but someday I'll have to show off my non-Reds personal collections. 

Second, Baltimore is one of the closer MLB stadiums to me - and I do love the entire Baltimore Harbor area, including Camden Yards.  It's been a number of years since I've last visited Baltimore but the couple of times that I have been to the city I've enjoyed my time. 

Third, the Orioles play the Yankees and Red Sox an awful lot in the AL East which means I'm rooting for Baltimore by default a lot!  And finally, Baltimore hasn't won much lately which makes them a fun underdog to root for (even if they make poor personnel decisions with their contracts they hand out *cough Chris Davis cough*).

Looking ahead to my remaining six teams, I've got one NL East team, two NL Central teams, one AL Central team, and two AL West teams to go.  I'm actually a bit surprised at how even my Top 6 is in terms of league and division! 

My list of favorite MLB teams (from worst to first):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  San Francisco Giants
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  Boston Red Sox
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Atlanta Braves
#23:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#22:  Milwaukee Brewers
#21:  Miami Marlins
#20:  San Diego Padres
#19:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#18:  Texas Rangers
#17:  Los Angeles Angels
#16:  Kansas City Royals
#15:  Minnesota Twins
#14:  Oakland Athletics
#13:  Philadelphia Phillies
#12:  Tampa Bay Rays
#11:  Toronto Blue Jays
#10:  Detroit Tigers
#9:  Chicago White Sox
#8:  Colorado Rockies
#7:  Baltimore Orioles
to be continued...

Comments

  1. This made me laugh: "Third, the Orioles play the Yankees and Red Sox an awful lot in the AL East which means I'm rooting for Baltimore by default a lot!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well I was hoping the Os were #4 or #5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pulling for the Orioles this past weekend and was very pleased to see them take two out of three at Yankee Stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a stack of extra Mussinas with the O's. If you have a list of what you have of his, send it along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment