Featured Post

30 Teams in 30 Posts: #4

I'm ranking all 30 of the MLB teams in order of how much I like them at this moment in time.  As with most countdowns, I'm starting with the worst (Cardinals) and I'll eventually end up with the best (Reds).  The real question now is:  Where will the other MLB teams land in my countdown?

We've nearly reached the end of my countdown of the 30 MLB teams fully ranked.  Of the four remaining teams, two are from Ohio including today's team:

#4:  Cleveland Indians
Image source:  https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/trevor-bauer-cleveland-indians-blue-jays-troll-twitter-bloody-finger

For whatever reason, I've always kind of liked the Indians - even back in their Albert Belle days.  Cleveland isn't terribly far from me and one of my favorite in person baseball moments happened at an Indians vs. Reds game a number of years ago.  My father and I took along an old gentlemen who was a big Indians fan to that game.  While the Indians did end up winning, the real fun was the game and the people we sat near.  The game was a back and forth affair and the fans all around us were a good mix of people rooting for both teams, truly it was one of the most fun crowds that I've been a part of (even if the good guys lost that day). 

It's funny how personal memories like that really shape how I view a team.  For the Indians, I also like them because of some of their current pitchers.  Kluber is great and fun to watch, for example.  Trevor Bauer, another Cleveland hurler, is also an interesting guy (if you don't know what I mean, try to find some of his interviews, yikes)!  Bauer was my pitching keeper though for this year's fantasy baseball league so I have sort of a personal investment in terms of him doing well all season.  That alone makes Cleveland a team worth rooting for this year!

My list of favorite MLB teams (from worst to first):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  San Francisco Giants
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  Boston Red Sox
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Atlanta Braves
#23:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#22:  Milwaukee Brewers
#21:  Miami Marlins
#20:  San Diego Padres
#19:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#18:  Texas Rangers
#17:  Los Angeles Angels
#16:  Kansas City Royals
#15:  Minnesota Twins
#14:  Oakland Athletics
#13:  Philadelphia Phillies
#12:  Tampa Bay Rays
#11:  Toronto Blue Jays
#10:  Detroit Tigers
#9:  Chicago White Sox
#8:  Colorado Rockies
#7:  Baltimore Orioles
#6:  Seattle Mariners
#5:  New York Mets
#4:  Cleveland Indians
to be continued...

Comments

  1. I was wondering where my Indians were going to land in your rankings. Great to see the Tribe are in the Top 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personal memories definitely shape how I view teams as well. One of my buddies is a huge Yankees fan... and he has not problem reminding me about their 27 WS Championships. That's made a huge impact on how I view them.

    As for the Indians... they're cool. I think watching Major League back in the day, played a role in my fanfare.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment