Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

30 Teams in 30 Posts: #6

I'm ranking all 30 of the MLB teams in order of how much I like them at this moment in time.  As with most countdowns, I'm starting with the worst (Cardinals) and I'll eventually end up with the best (Reds).  The real question now is:  Where will the other MLB teams land in my countdown?

We are almost to the end of my 30 Teams in 30 Posts countdown.  There's no surprise who is #1 on my list...and loyal blog readers probably know my top four if I'm being honest.  However, spots 5 and 6 are still up in the air, at least until now!

#6:  Seattle Mariners
Image source:  http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/_/name/sea/seattle-mariners

The Mariners were, are now, and forever will be Ken Griffey, Jr's team.  Yes, I know that Griffey was a Red for a number of years but the Reds were never his team.  He didn't produce for the Reds like he did in Seattle (mostly due to injury) though I still have a fond memory of Griffey  as a Red hitting a home run against the Yankees in Yankee Stadium (that coincided with my only visit ever to the old Yankee Stadium no less)!

Because of my love of Griffey as a kid, the Mariners were my adopted AL team for a number of years.  At some point in time, the White Sox sort of overtook the Mariners as my AL team of choice - and now there are two other AL teams ahead of Seattle but I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Mariners. 

To top it off, Seattle is one of my favorite cities that I've ever visited - and hopefully some day I'll get to go back there and see a game in person.  For now, Seattle will have to be content with holding down the #6 spot in my team rankings.

My list of favorite MLB teams (from worst to first):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  San Francisco Giants
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  Boston Red Sox
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Atlanta Braves
#23:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#22:  Milwaukee Brewers
#21:  Miami Marlins
#20:  San Diego Padres
#19:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#18:  Texas Rangers
#17:  Los Angeles Angels
#16:  Kansas City Royals
#15:  Minnesota Twins
#14:  Oakland Athletics
#13:  Philadelphia Phillies
#12:  Tampa Bay Rays
#11:  Toronto Blue Jays
#10:  Detroit Tigers
#9:  Chicago White Sox
#8:  Colorado Rockies
#7:  Baltimore Orioles
#6:  Seattle Mariners
to be continued...

Comments

  1. I love Seattle. One of my favorite places to travel to as well. Although I recently watched a sad YouTube video about how drugs, homelessness, and Seattle PD's lack of power has really hurt the city. When I watched it, I couldn't help but feel like the same thing is happening right up the peninsula from me in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to Seattle to visit friends and I will certainly catch a Mariners game while I'm there. Can't wait to see the Vogelmonster!
    The M's are my #1 favorite AL team... and the way the Cubs have been playing as of late I may have to switch allegiances. :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment