Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Facebook Trade (My First!)

I recently completed a trade with Aaron (a fellow Barry Larkin collector that I met on Facebook).  We each traded some duplicates that other person needed - definitely a win-win scenario for both parties.  In the end, I sent Aaron 10 Larkins and in return he sent me 7 plus a 2000 Topps card that I needed for my set.

Let's start with the Topps card - at least it's of an ex-Red Scott Rolen.

I've accumulated a small stack of 2000 Topps cards that I needed over the past week or so.  Funny how I go months and months without a single card from a set and then I get a bunch from that very set from multiple people in a short time period.  Collecting is weird.

In terms of 2000 Topps, I'm down to needing only seven more cards.  Here's what I'm still looking for:  47, 84, 237, 370, 449, 478, 479.  I am holding out hope that the 2000 Topps set will be another set that I'll be able to say that I completed in 2019!

Now on to the main event - some new (to me) Larkin cards.

Well, truthfully they weren't all new to me but that's not Aaron's fault.  I claimed each of the cards but I didn't realize that I already owned the Score card and both the 1998 and 1999 Topps Gold Label cards.  Whoops!  I guess I have even more trade bait now...oh well.  At least I was able to acquire a few new cards for my collection, that's good enough for me!


Comments