Featured Post

Delivery Time! When a Blogging Icon Retires (JBF Farewell Post)

JayBarkerFan or JBF to some, Wes to others.  No matter what you knew him by, Wes (formerly the owner of Jaybarkerfan's Junk) will surely be missed around the blog-o-sphere. 

For many years, Wes was one of the most generous bloggers around.  In fact, according to my records, he and I exchanged a total of twenty packages counting the final envelope today (with the first package way back in July of 2011)!

While many of the packages that Wes sent me over the years were amazing, I think he managed to top himself with his final mailing.

You can't go wrong sending me Barry Larkin cards, let's be honest about that.  Especially if all of the Larkin cards are new to my collection!  Wes sent along six Larkins in his final envelope to me - four of which you can see below along with the Pacific die-cut checklist card above.

That Bowman card in the upper left is an atomic refractor - my first ever in my collection!  I'll be sure to highlight each of the Larkin cards in much greater detail when I showcase them as part of my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts!

You may have caught it that I said Wes sent me six Larkins but I've only shown five so far.  Well, here's the sixth:

That's an on-card autograph of my favorite player!  What a beautiful signature Larkin has here - this is an instant treasure for my collection, especially since I don't own all that many Barry Larkin autographs (official or otherwise)!

Many thanks for the last envelope, Wes and happy trails to you!  Should you ever get back into collecting baseball cards en masse again, let me know since I now owe you!  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer.

Comments

Post a Comment