Featured Post

Finishing off the First Half of the Box

It's hard to believe that (after this post) we will have ripped through an entire half of the 1992 Upper Deck box.  The most interesting thing of note so far through the box is that I have yet to encounter a card numbered 1 - 49.  That's bizarre - and it also means that collecting the entire set via this box and what I already owned will be impossible if I don't start getting some of those low numbered cards!

Let's see if the final three packs of the first half of the box can help me out any.

Pack 16:

A nice Reds hologram - I would have been super stoked to pull that sticker card back when I was a kid.  Heck, who am I kidding.  Even now I enjoyed getting that out of a pack.

The other highlight of the pack was this Manny Ramirez Top Prospect card.  I love the young Manny in the photo...and I like that it appears the picture was taken at a minor league stadium (or maybe even a Little League field)!

Pack 17:

When going through the packs, it is easy to overlook the backside of the cards.  Unfortunately, if you don't flip the cards over you might miss a gem such as this Greg Swindell hatless card.  Swindell must have paid the photographer to take a photograph of him swinging the bat - and obviously someone slow-tossed him a baseball to make the photo even more "impressive."  Of course, who chokes up on a slow-toss ball?  Also, since when did Swindell have to worry about hitting as a Major League pitcher in the American League (pre-Interleague of course).

Pack 18:

My second hologram sticker of the post - and it's of the now defunct Expos.  I will say that this one scanned a lot nicer than the Reds hologram did.

I also had to show off this Oil Can Boyd card because he is straight-pimping in the photo.  The glasses, the many gold chains, the upturned hat.  The man is bringing the funk.

That does it for the first half of the box.  Still plenty of packs to go - could there be one of those super rare Ted Williams autographs in the box?  If there is, I might have a heart attack when I pull it so maybe it's best if there isn't...

Comments

  1. Damn. Between all of the cocaine and gold chains... I hope Oil Can still has some money.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment