Featured Post

The Last of the 1992 Upper Deck Box!

I had hoped to get through the entire box of 1992 Upper Deck prior to my trip but I simply ran out of time.  I did get close though - only three packs were waiting for me when I got home!  Let's rip the final three packs now so that I can start sorting the contents of the entire box. 

Pack 34:

Randy Johnson was a favorite of mine as I grew up - and my all-time favorite memory of him was his All-Star game showdown with John Kruk (where Kruk eventually tried to bat from the other side of the plate).  Good stuff - very entertaining (though I don't blame Kruk since Johnson was "effectively wild" when pitching).

Pack 35:

There aren't a ton of action shots in 1992 Upper Deck - so when you do find one it's a breath of fresh air.  I love this particular card since the play in question is actually fairly rare - after all, how often do you see a player tag another player with the baseball in their hand (as opposed to a glove). 

Pack 36:

And we end with another quirky picture - this time of Darryl Kile.  I think a big reason why I decided to collect all of the '92 Upper Deck set was the fact that the set is full of photos like this.  It's sort of a "Stadium Club-lite" set and I appreciate that. 

That was a fun box rip - now the not-so-fun part begins where I have to sort through 36 packs of 15 cards each!  Once I get that task completed, I'll try and update my want list and go from there.  Here's hoping I can finish the entire set before long!

Comments

  1. I have enjoyed your breaking of this bix of 1992 Upper Deck. It brought back memories of my younger collecting days. I will be on the look out for your needs list for the set. I have to say that John Olerud card even if he is tagging out an Indians player. I am just trying to figure out the Indians player is on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tire of watching or hearing about the Johnson/Kruk showdown. Actually... I'm off to go watch it again on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing off the box break! That was a fun set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment