Featured Post

Spoils from the Big Trade: A Set for Which I Now Only Need Two More Cards!

My tour through a recent big trade is about halfway over which means there are still a fair number of sets to get through from the package!  As always, I'll take a look at a single set from the package and discuss what I got (and what I still need).  Today, we take a look at 1999 Pacific Private Stock.

Not all that long ago, I ripped a full box of  '99 Private Stock in an effort to complete my own base set.  I got fairly close but I didn't actually finish off the set.  Luckily, there are some awesome traders out there (such as Bob) who are able to help me out!

Bob sent me ten of the twelve cards that I still needed for my set.  There weren't any big names in the pile of cards he sent my way - probably the best of the bunch was this Mike Mussina.

That said, as a set collector tracking down a needed Javy Lopez card can be just as valuable as tracking down a needed Ken Griffey, Jr. 

I have a (perhaps unhealthy) love for most things Pacific from the late 90s.  The Private Stock set isn't really all that special but for whatever reason I still like it quite a bit.  I'm super pleased to be as close to completing it as I now am.  Like I said earlier, I am down to needing two more cards:
1999 Pacific Private Stock Wants:Base:  7 (Tony Gwynn), 116 (Ryan Minor)
As you can see, I need one more "big name" and one more "no name" card to finish off my set.  It's kind of funny that Gwynn is one of the final cards I need since he happened to be the cover boy for the set - it was his face plastered on every box and pack and yet he's eluded me all this time!




Comments