Featured Post

2019 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box #1 - Packs 9 - 16 (including a pinstriped relic)

If you missed the beginning of this hobby box of 2019 Topps Allen & Ginter (the post went up this morning), you should definitely check it out since I pulled what I consider to be one of the best available framed relic cards in the set.  With that monster pulled, could my first (of four) hobby boxes possibly hold anything else cool? 

Let's get to it to find out.  Here's the highlights from the next eight packs out of the box.

Pack 9:

Just like with the first column of packs, the second (middle) column of packs produced a hit in the top pack.  As far as the full-sized relics go, this is one is pretty nice especially since it has a blue pinstripe running through it. 

I will say that most of my hits from my boxes will either go up for trade or sale on eBay.  Each year I try to recoup some of my costs of my boxes by selling some of the stuff that I don't necessarily plan to collect from the set.

Packs 10 - 11:

I pulled another nice Ken Griffey, Jr. from the box, though this one isn't a hit.  The Baseball Star Signs cards are kind of a neat design and I especially get interested in the Scorpios since that's what I am (though I don't put any stock or interest in the zodiac signs otherwise). 

I'm also happy to get my second Collectible Canine mini from the box.  These are seeded 1:10 packs so I should expect a pair in each box.  Luckily for me, both doggy cards were new to my collection!

Packs 12 - 14:

The middle bunch of packs were kind of boring but I do like the card of Poseidon's Trident, mostly because I visited the Acropolis in Greece with my class this past May and that site is mentioned by name on the back of the card.

Packs 15 - 16:

A pair of nice minis rounds out the middle third of the box - a black bordered Dylan Cozens rookie card and a short-printed A&G back of Rick Porcello. 

The middle third had some mighty big shoes to fill if it were to match the first third of the box and while that didn't quite happen I'm still happy with what I got!  Eight more packs remain in the first box - hard to believe how quickly I'm ripping through these!

Comments

  1. Rizzo might not be Griffey... but it's still a solid relic pull. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment