Featured Post

2019 Topps Allen & Ginter: Hobby Box #2 - Packs 1 - 8 (in which we find a gigantic Bryce and a Mets relic)

I greatly enjoyed ripping open my first (of four) hobby boxes of 2019 Allen & Ginter.  As a reminder, I plan on chasing after all of the full-sized and all of the mini insert sets - so if you pull any keep me in mind! 

Now, onward to box #2 beginning with the box topper:

Box #2:

Box loader:

That's a Cabinet card of Bryce Harper, now of the Philadelphia Phillies (which is still a little weird for me to say).  This one is up for trade or else it'll probably end up on eBay as I don't plan on collecting these and I'd like to recoup a bit of my money if I can.

Pack 1:

In the previous box, my best hit (a framed relic of Ken Griffey, Jr) came in the very first pack I opened.  This time around, the first pack held Santa's Sleigh and that's about it.  At least you can't always count on the top pack of each column to hold a hit in the box.

Pack 2:

A strong start to the box with my first mini insert already (and it's another new-to-me insert to boot).  German Sheppards aren't really my favorite type of dog but I do think they probably get a bit of a bad rap.  According to the card back, the German Sheppard is the second-most commonly registered breed by the AKC. 

Packs 3 - 5:

A Ty Cobb short printed regular back mini is nice, but the Look Out Below mini insert is even nicer!  That's my first card from that particular insert set and I must say that those cards are pretty!  Niagara Falls isn't all that far from my house but I have to admit that I haven't been there in probably close to two decades now.  I should really rectify that.

Packs 6 - 8:

A black bordered Bo Jackson was almost enough to get scanned but I simply decided to go with only the first hit out of the box - a full-sized relic of Jeurys Familia of the New York Mets. 

Like most of the hits that I'll pull from this year's set, this one is available for trade/sale and/or destined for eBay shortly.

Well, two mini inserts were certainly the highlight of the first third of this box.  Could this be the quiet before the storm of awesomeness?  Only one way to find out, stay tuned!

Comments