Featured Post

Delivery Time! Remember the Astrodome

Yesterday, I mentioned that I was bound and determined to get all caught up on my baseball card hobby.  Today, I'm pleased to report that I'm still working at it - here's another trade post from a package that arrived back in May (or maybe April?) to prove that I'm working hard!

This time around, we've got a PWE from Marc over at Remember the Astrodome.  Over the years, Marc and I have fallen into a semi-pattern of simply dropping little packages in the mail for the other person whenever we acquire some stuff that other person might like.  It's a pretty easy trading system - he gets unwanted Reds and he ships them to me, I do the same thing with unwanted Astros for him.  Win-win.

The latest envelope from Marc basically contained two different sets.  First, the Bowman cards:

I don't collect Bowman but I admit that I do like to get cards of Reds prospects that actually end up doing something good in the big leagues.  It sure seems like Hunter Greene is one such player who could do great things in MLB...but he has to be able to stay healthy (which is looking less and less likely, unfortunately). 

Next up, some Gypsy Queen. 

Marc sent me a pair of these green bordered cards which I imagine are parallels (maybe retail only parallels)?  I sat out GQ this year so I can't say that I know much about the set - but I do know that since I didn't buy any GQ I definitely appreciate getting the Reds mailed my way!

Finally, one more regular base card from GQ:

That Tucker card is a work of art, even if Mr. Barnhart hasn't been all that great for the Reds this year. 

Thanks for the surprise mailing, Marc!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer.  I'm ready to get back to it.

Comments

  1. Woohoo! I've already got another small stack for you over here. The green GQ are retail parallels from what I understand they came in the hanger packs at Target.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment