Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trading with Mr Haverkamp

I'm on a roll in terms of getting caught back up on trade posts - and even though 2019 Allen & Ginter is supposed to be released today (I'm hoping my hobby boxes arrive later in the day), I figured I'd make sure I got another trade envelope highlighted before the inevitable crush of hobby Ginter goodies begins (I've already shown off some retail Ginter if you go back through my archives)!

For this morning's post, we are going to take a look at a small envelope from Mr. Haverkamp (aka Jim).  Jim and I completed a small swap back in late spring.

I have a whole lot of sets that I'm working on right now and Jim was able to help me out with a pair of sets including 2000 Topps.

Thanks to the Tino and Hamilton, I'm now only missing three more cards from 2000 Topps.  One of my stated blog resolutions for 2019 is to whittle my want list down to 100 sets or fewer.  I'd love to be able to acquire those last few 2000 Topps base cards in order to reduce my want list by one more set now!

If you are curious, here are the final three cards that I need from 2000 Topps:
Base:  84, 237, 478

**EDIT**  I received the final three base cards from another fellow blogger!  More on that in a future post.

The other set that Jim helped me out with a bit on was 2007 Topps Allen & Ginter:  Flags of All Nations mini set.

I'm an unabashed lover of the Allen & Ginter line of cards...and I love flag cards...so this set is a perfect set for me to try and collect in its entirety.   At the moment, I am still missing 16 of the 50 cards (32%) in the set so I have some work yet to do.  That said, getting even one card in a trade is always much appreciated since mini cards from 2007 aren't necessarily the easiest things to track down these days!

Many thanks for the great swap, Jim!  And, as always, should anyone else want to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer.  Now, let's bring on 2019 Ginter, shall we?!

Comments

  1. Jim is a great guy. Met and talked shop with him on multiple occasions. He sure knows his stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment