Featured Post

Delivery Time! Dime Boxes Delivers!

After what had been a rather slow trading year (at least by my standards), the last couple of weeks have seen a dramatic uptick in trades leaving my house.  This is in no doubt due to the fact that I finally busted some new 2019 product (Allen & Ginter - see my trade bait for that set here). 

Today's trade does, in fact, feature some 2019 Ginter but in a fun twist it's only 2019 stuff that headed my way from Nick over at Dime Boxes.  If memory serves, I actually helped Nick out with some of his older sets that he was working, I think it was 2018 Ginter and Gypsy Queen.

In return, Nick helped me out with some of the aforementioned 2019 Ginter as well as an older set that I'm still plugging away at.  You are probably most interested in the new stuff so let's begin with a quick tour through the Ginter goodies sent my way starting with this adorable Panda mini (along with a decidedly less adorable baby shark and baby rhino).

I think the New to the Zoo minis are fantastic and I can't wait to get the entire set complete.  The only bad thing about them is that they are retail exclusive and I spent most of my Ginter cash on hobby boxes.  That said, I've been trading for these cards left and right in order to complete the set.  At the time of my writing this post, I am down to needing only six more cards from the set - not bad for a set for which I only pulled three unique cards myself.

Nick also helped me inch a bit closer to one more 2019 Ginter mini set - the Chugging Along set featuring all sorts of trains, trolleys, and trams.

This card celebrates the subway train - a source of transportation that I pretty much use only if I find myself overseas.  Where I live, you need a car with good gas mileage - there's virtually no public transportation available and there's definitely not a subway.  There are times when I wish that the subway did exist near me, especially during the school year when I make a 104 mile round trip to and from work each day.

Last but certainly not least, we move back in time to 2017 Topps Archives.

For a few years there, I bought a lot of Topps Archives but the sheer number of short prints (seeded at astronomical rates) really soured me on the brand.  That said, I am still working on a couple of year's worth of sets (2017 and 2015) and so I appreciate any time someone helps me out! 

If all of the above goodies weren't enough, Nick filled out the remainder of the trade envelope with a smattering of different Reds cards including a new-to-me* card of Barry Larkin.

*technically speaking, I actually already owned a copy of this card but I haven't yet scanned it or written about it and therefore Nick had no way of knowing!  I definitely need to keep going on my Barry Larkin Collection series of posts in order to get all of my Larkin cards up on the blog.  As a bit of a preview for future posts this week, I can say that I have a bunch of new (to me) Larkin cards heading my way so expect to see quite a bit of Mr. Larkin over the next week or so!

Thanks a lot for the trade, Nick.  It's great to get back in the trading groove - since I completed the swap with Nick I think I've mailed out an addition 10 or 12 packages.  Let's keep the post office busy, folks!  If you'd like to trade, be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you enjoyed everything, and thanks so much for helping out with my want lists! I didn't know those "New to the Zoo" inserts were retail-exclusive -- if I open any more A&G, any others I get will most assuredly be headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it. As soon as I saw that baby shark card... that stupid song got stuck in my head. Ugh. Cool cards though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happened to me as soon as I saw it on the checklist. Which is exactly why I want it. Also there's a Giraffe Calf card and I'm annoyed that it's not called Baby Giraffe (will still go in my Giants album if I get it)

      Delete

Post a Comment