Featured Post

Delivery Time! Knocking Down the A&G Want List with Chavez Ravining

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been busier with buying, selling, and trading cards than I have been at any other point this year.  The fruits of those labors are now starting to roll in beginning with this PWE from Alex over at Chavez Ravining.

The vast majority (but not quite all) of my recent trades have revolved around 2019 Topps Allen & Ginter and this trade certainly qualifies as A&G heavy.  First, Alex was able to help me out with two of the different full-sized insert sets including a pair of Baseball Star Signs.

I like the Baseball Star Sign set quite a bit.  The set itself is kind of neat in that it is a throwback of sorts to a previous A&G mini insert set based on the constellations.  Nothing glow-in-the-dark this time around though.

The other full-sized help sent my way was a pair of cards from the Ginter Greats set.

While I do appreciate the "old-timey" design of this set, I'm growing a bit weary of having so many retired players in Allen & Ginter.  One 50 card set is enough - in this case I would have stuck with the Baseball Star Signs (which has both active and retired players) and ditched the Ginter Greats set.  All that said, I guess I'm the sucker because I am still trying to complete both sets!

Moving on to the minis from the package, Alex was able to do me a super solid and completed the Lost Languages set for me by sending me the last card that I needed.

I had made a fairly large purchase (by my standards at least) of 2019 Ginter mini inserts from eBay near the beginning of the set's release frenzy.  That definitely helped me make solid progress on a number of insert sets so it feels even better now to actually finish one such set off via trade.

The other mini set that Alex helped me out with was the New to the Zoo retail only set.

I have quite a bit of work to do on this set yet, but getting two more new cards for my collection is always appreciated!

And finally, speaking of appreciated there was one other card tucked into the envelope:

That's right.  Alex has seen me mention that I kind of like Jose Altuve quite a bit and have started a small PC of him.  This card will be a great addition to my mini collection for sure!

Thanks a ton for the quick and easy trade, Alex.  As for anyone else, I'm always up for trading so check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you liked the cards! I'm having a hard enough time completing just one set out of A&G, so I'll be keeping an eye on your want lists and sending cards your way as I get them. Oh, and I'm happy the Altuve was able to find a new home. It's a sweet card but was wasting away with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! I don't think I'll be chasing after Altuve the way I chase Larkin cards, but I'll also never turn down sweet Altuves for my mini collection.

      Delete

Post a Comment