Featured Post

More from Donruss (I'm a Dodgers' Magnet)

Yesterday, I ripped the first quarter of my box of 2018 Panini Donruss.  My goal remains the same:  Complete my base set with this box.  For the last batch of packs, I found three more base cards that I needed...let's hope I do a bit better this time around.  I also should still find three hits in the box since three are promised and the first six packs featured zero hits (but there were two serially numbered cards including a nice Mike Trout).

Pack 7:

No new base cards here but I did get this super rare Jose Ramirez Foundations insert numbered out of only 25!

That's a 23/25 if you can't read it...and this is almost assuredly going to be the lowest serially numbered card that I pull from the box (especially when you consider the fact the the other two serially numbered cards we've seen so far have been out of either 305 or 999)!

Pack 8:

Once again, no new base cards but in a truly shocking even I found my first hit of the box and it's a Cincinnati Red!!

That's Amir Garrett as part of the base Diamond Collection set.  Oh sure, you could nitpick and say that the relic bit is super boring but I won't do that because I virtually never pull Reds hits!  Let me have this little celebration.

Pack 9:

It took me three more packs but I finally found a base card that I needed.

Greinke, of course, is no longer with Arizona but that's alright.  I still root for Houston in the AL and I've never really had any particular feelings for Greinke (good or bad).  He's played out west long enough that he doesn't seem to bother the Reds much.

Pack 10:

This quarter of the box has produced a Reds relic and a card numbered out of 25 and yet this pack might be the best so yet.  I found two more base cards for my set (Jonathan Gray and Dee Gordon) and I found a blank back parallel of, you guessed it, Cody Bellinger (another Dodger)!

I'm telling you...I'm like a magnet for Dodger cards in this set.

Pack 11:

I'll admit that things looked bleak for a bit there in terms of me getting enough new base cards but for the second pack I found two new cards for my set (this time it's Jake Arrieta and a combo card of Buxton and Machado).  That said, once again a Dodger card is what requires a scan...

Yep, your eyes don't deceive you.  Another freaking Dodger serially numbered card - this time Cody Bellinger #123/500.  My Dodger draw power is insane, that's all I can say.

Pack 12:

Nothing of note here other than my second hit of the box:

Where are my Rockies collectors at?

Half of the box is down and I now need 15 more base cards to complete my set.  It's not impossible but I'm going to have to up my pace of getting new cards if I'm going to meet my goal!

Comments

  1. "...I've never really had any particular feelings for Greinke (good or bad)."

    I need to blog at some point as to why I consider Greinke to be the current player that I find most amusing/funny. It is definitely on the list of planned posts for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blank-back parallel? Just how many parallels are in this product? I can't even get jealous about the Dodger pulls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many parallels is the answer. Also, so many Dodgers!

      Delete
    2. I guess if there’s going to be a relic with a plain gray swatch, it should be of a guy NAMED gray!

      Delete

Post a Comment