Featured Post

COMC - Part III: The All Mini Edition

I'm back with some more of the cards from my recent COMC purchase.  For today's peek into what I bought, we look at the minis that are new to my collection.

I ended up buying only four minis in this particular purchase and all of the minis belong to the 2007 Topps Allen & Ginter set.  The first mini was from the Roman Emperors insert set:

That's Marcus Aurelius, one of ten cards in the Roman Emperors set.  At this point, I'm down to needing only three more (actually, only two more as one should be on the way to me as I speak).  Unfortunately, of the two remaining Emperors one of them is card #1:  Julius Caesar, arguably the most famous of all.  The other is card #6:  Nero.

The other three minis that I bought also belonged to 2007 Allen & Ginter, but this time they are part of the Flags of All Nations set.

The first flag I got was of Costa Rica. 

I love the waterfall in the background (La Paz Waterfall Gardens perhaps?).  I've never been to Costa Rica but it is definitely a country on my bucket list.

Next, Dominican Republic.

I've never been to the Dominican Republic either but perhaps someday I will since the college where I work has a close relationship to the DR.  My college actually sponsors coffee farmers in the Dominican and each year they send professors and students down to test soil samples, work on sustainability, etc.  The coffee then ends up getting sold back at the college!  It's a pretty cool program even if I don't actually drink coffee. 

And last but certainly not least, the only country of the the three that I've been to, Puerto Rico.

Technically, Puerto Rico isn't a country I guess but it's definitely got its own vibe, culture, and history.  I had the opportunity to visit Puerto Rico while on a cruise so I got to spend about a single day there.  I had fun walking around the main city though on the day we were there my main memory is of how stifling hot and humid it was!

That does it for the minis that I bought this time around BUT there are still more (non-mini) cards  yet to come.  In fact, I've saved the best for last (or at least what I think is the best) so stay tuned!

Comments

  1. One of the coolest Ginter mini sets out there. I'm still hunting for the Japan flag for my collection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment