Featured Post

Monday, Monday, Monday (TCDB)

COMC - Part V: A Bunch 'o Patches!

I'm almost done going through the first (of two) large COMC orders that I placed over the past month or two.  I'm down to one final set of cards that I bought from for this particular purchase - but the cards are nice enough that I'm going to split the purchase up into two separate posts.

For today, we are going to look at all of the "common" Age of the Dinosaurs"" patches that I was able to purchase for a decent price on COMC.  Next time, I'll show off the "uncommon" and "rare" patches that I was able to buy!

The 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs set had the Age of the Dinosaurs patch set as one of its inserts.  Like pretty much everything in the set, the patch set also was split into tiers of different rarities.  In total, there are 60 patches in the set and the breakdown is as follows:

Common (seeded 1:32 packs):  30 cards
Uncommon (seeded 1:84 packs):  15 cards
Rare (seeded 1:179 packs):  10 cards
Ultra Rare (seeded 1:578 packs): 5 cards

Thanks to this particular COMC purchase, I am now the proud owner of 28 of the 30 common patches!  The newest ones for my collection include:

AOD-2.  Scutosaurus
AOD-3.  Barosaurus
AOD-5.  Prosaurolophus

If there's one thing that I've learned throughout my time of collecting the 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs set it is that I really don't know nearly as much about dinos as I thought I did!  In my case, I had never heard of any of the three above dinos prior to this set. 

AOD-7. Minmi
AOD-16.  Supersaurus
AOD-17.  Pachyrhinosaurus

I had actually heard of both Minmi and Supersaurus prior to collecting the set but Pachyrhinosaurus was all new to me.

AOD-24.  Pinacosaurus
AOD-27.  Ouranosaurus

Another two that I hadn't heard of before.  Also of note here is that not every patch is in "landscape" mode.

AOD-42. Baryonyx
AOD-45.  Dimetrodon

Alright, that's more like it!  We at least end with a couple of dinos that I'm guessing most people have heard of previously!

I love the entire UD Dinosaurs set and that certainly includes the patch set.  I don't know that I'll ever be able to track down any of the five super rare patches (let alone all of them) but if I can get the other 55 cards I'll be content!  I was able to do a bit of shopping for some rarer patch cards in this same COMC order so I'll be sure to show those cards off soon as well!


Comments

  1. I'm so glad you grabbed those, Chris! The prices were great and I was looking to nab a few to send you for Christmas, but they kept disappearing before I could buy them, and then when I checked your wantlist I saw you marking them off, so I was at least happy to see you make some huge progress on this set.

    I'm also curious to see what else you got during the COMC sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always see the Goodwin Champion patches at shows, which are similar to these, but I never knew that this set had them too. There's some really neat one's in here, I'm especially partial to the Barosaurus and Dimetrodon cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cool set. Some collectors might now like the fact that there are ultra rare cards in sets, but I think it's cool that Upper Deck made it a challenge to complete this set. In fact, I kind of wish Topps would stop overproducing cheap inserts and go back to the days when collectors felt goosebumps when pulling a rare insert out of a pack. Lol. Sorry didn't mean to turn this into a Topps bashing comment. Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment