Featured Post

Delivery Time! Christmas Goodies from Too Many Verlanders

'Tis the season for holiday packages!  In the past week or so, I received a nice surprise package from Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders.  Dennis sent out a slew of holiday packages for what I gathered and I was lucky enough to be included. 

For me, the main draw of the package was this new (to me) Barry Larkin relic.

That's 2001 Upper Deck SP card with a nice red pinstripe.  This is a new card for my collection and definitely a wonderful addition seeing as how I don't own all that many relics or autographs of Barry Larkin! 

In addition to the Larkin relic, Dennis threw in a few other Reds for me as well as a couple of vintage cards.

Now, truthfully that Ferrarese isn't a Reds card (the wishbone C is confusing since Cleveland actually used that at the time).  That said, it's not every day that I get an authentic 1958 Topps card in the mail so it will still be treasured by me.

Finally, we end with a trio of really nice Ken Griffey, Jr. cards.

Griffey is another guy that I have a PC of but I don't ever plan to actually try and collect him full-time.  For one thing, there are way too many Griffey, Jr. cards out there but even worse, there are way too many expensive Jr. cards out there!  Instead, I'll happily accumulate Griffey's via trades and ripping packs and call it good!

Many thanks for the lovely Christmas treat, Dennis!  Hopefully you'll get my return package soon (if you haven't gotten it already).

Comments

  1. Whew, glad you needed the Larkin jersey! After I sent the package I thought to myself, "Wait, was the Ferrarese Cleveland or Cinci? Oh well." Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis sure hooked up the Christmas care packages. That jersey card is cool. It's part of one of the classic memorabilia card sets of the era.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment