Featured Post

COMC - Part 4: Did You Know I'm Trying to Build an Allen & Ginter Relic Set?

I'm back with another peek into my latest COMC purchase.  This time around, I want to show off a pair of relics that I bought from the 2010 Allen & Ginter relic set.

For some reason, back in 2010 I thought it'd be a fun idea (and challenge) to try and complete the full relic set from 2010 Allen & Ginter.  That particular year had a nice mix of baseball players and non-baseball players (including a few cards with interesting relic "bits" embedded in them).  Today, I inch two cards closer to completion since I was able to nab two more of the non-baseball player subjects from the set.

First up, Randy Oitker.

Oitker is a world record holder for Archery and his relic contains a bit of a bow grip of his.  That's pretty cool and I feel quite confident in saying it's the only card containing a bow grip in my collection!  So much better than your usual white or gray bit of fabric from a baseball jersey.

The second relic I bought was of Summer Sanders, champion swimmer.

Sanders' relic bit is from a shirt of hers, not quite as cool as getting a piece of swimsuit but at least the shirt is a nice blue color.

Although it's been a long, slow process tracking down the relics I am getting closer and closer to completing the full relic set.  At the moment, the only relics that I'm still missing are:
AGA.  Anthony Gatto
AJ.  Avery Jenkins
DB.  David Blaine
DBR.  Drew Brees
DH.  Dan Haren
DU.  Dan Uggla
DW.  David Wright
GSI.  Glenn Singleman
IS.  Ichiro Suzuki
KF.  Kosuke Fukudome
LB.  Lance Berkman
MM.  Marvin Miller
NF.  Neftali Feliz
PP.  Preston Pittman
RH.  Ryan Howard (bat only)
RP.   Regis Philbin
SJ.  Shawn Johnson
TB. Tyler Brandt
TH. Tony Hawk
TK.  Tom Knapp
YG.  Yovani Gallardo
If you happen to have any of those, I'd love to try and work out a trade (or even a purchase if you'd rather).  There's a couple on there that might require me to spend a bit of cash but for the most part I think I should be able to come close to completing the set without spending too much more money!

For what it's worth, I also have a bunch of autographs from the 2010 set but I'd also consider trying to acquire any you might have from that set.  I'm not 100% in on collecting the autograph set but if I am able to build the full relic set I may go after the autographs too.  I think having the full collection would be pretty neat!

Comments

  1. Love that you’re chasing this. Can’t wait to see the highlights when it’s all said and done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginter framed relics are cool. Best of luck with this set. Maybe I'll track down a Sanders for my Stanford PC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to take the time to look, but it would be interesting to know which card from that list would be the most expensive? I'm sort of thinking that it might be Tony Hawk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure either but I'm assuming Hawk or Brees. I haven't been overly active in picking up relics from this set, especially over the past few years. Hopefully I can start to pay more attention and grab some of the ones I'm missing soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment