Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Combination Trade and Purchase from a Blog Reader

As my various set wants get slimmer and slimmer, I'm finding that I'm having to resort to more than just simply trading in order to make much more progress.  Case in point:  A recent trade that I agreed to with blog reader Jim ended up turning into a combination trade and purchase since he had some minis that I wanted!  I'm okay with that if that's what it takes - and if it means I can actually complete a set then all the better.

Unfortunately, this particular trade/purchase didn't finish off any sets for me but I am getting super close to being done with a few sets!

Working our way from newest to oldest, let's begin with this Horse in the Race mini from 2017 Allen & Ginter.

The Horse in the Race minis were (if my memory serves) retail only inserts which probably helps to explain why that's the only mini set remaining on my want list for 2017!  The good news is that I'm down to needing only four more Horse in the Race cards so maybe I'll be able to wrap up this set before 2020 ends!

Next up, from 2016 Allen & Ginter, a gorgeous Ferocious Felines card of the Cheetah.

Without a doubt, I'm a dog person through and through (for many reasons but not the least of which is that I'm actually mildly allergic to cats).  That all said, this is a nice looking card that even I, a dog lover, can appreciate.  Plus, I appreciate my want list being shrunk a bit - I'm now down to needing only three more cards from this particular set before I can remove it from my want list as well.

Sticking with 2016 Ginter a little longer, the third mini from the trade/purchase is a Laureates of Peace card of Mandela, arguably one of the most famous people on this particular checklist.

I'm down to needing only two more cards from this particular set and then I'll actually be done with 2016 Ginter altogether!  Getting two out of the (then) seven remaining needed minis in a single trade was quite helpful!

And finally, a set that you've seen on my blog a couple of times fairly recently:  2007 Allen & Ginter Flags of All Nations:

The purchase part of the trade was actually the four flag cards you see above.  Prior to this envelope, I was down to needing only six more flags so being able to scoop up four of the six in a single envelope was a no brainer for me.  Usually when I feature the flag cards I talk about which countries I've visited and sights I've seen but for this quarter I've only ever been to the United States.  I do like the image on Indonesia's card quite a bit, for whatever that is worth to you.

Thanks goes out to Jim for the trade/sale.  I may not have actually completed any sets today but I did get within a stone's throw of completing four more mini sets so I'll take it!  After all, it's only January so I still have another eleven months before the year ends (and my 2020 Resolution of getting my want list down to under 90 sets has to be met)!

Comments