Featured Post

Delivery Time! A Penny Sleeve for Your Thoughts and a PWE for My Collection!

A few days ago, Jon went to great lengths to get in touch with me and offer to send me some free cards from my want list.  For some reason, his email got pushed into my "promotions" tab on Gmail which is a tab that I rarely (if ever) actually open up.  If nothing else, this little adventure has convinced me that I ought to check those other tabs every now and then!

Anyhow, Jon had a couple of the 2011 Topps diamond parallels that I still needed and he was gracious enough to send them along with no strings attached. 

The first card Jon had for me was the final card that I needed for the Series 1 portion of the diamond parallel checklist. 

That last League Leaders card had eluded me for nearly a decade but it feels great to have it tucked safely away in my binder now!  It also feels great to have Series 1 complete!

Now that Series 1 is complete, it's time to finish off Series 2 as well (I'm not trying for the Update set which is good since there's that pesky Mike Trout rookie in there).  Jon helped me with Series 2 as well by sending me this Nick Blackburn.

All these years later, I still like the diamond parallels!

The only diamond parallels that I still need from the 2011 Topps set are as follows:
369, 380, 381, 408, 462, 534, 550, 573, 612, 652

On my want list, I generally list the cards I need by using only the card number.  That's great for folks who have their cards sorted by set (which is mostly how I do it) but occassionally a team or player collector can help me out if I list cards by the subject as well as the card number.  Since I'm now down to needing only ten more cards to finish off this set, that's exactly what I'm going to do here (and also on my want list page).

2011 Topps Diamond Parallels I still need:
369.  Wilson Betemit
380.  Jose Reyes
381.  Michael Gonzalez
408.  Denard Span
462.  Daric Barton
534.  Bud Norris
550.  Joe Mauer
573.  Nyjer Morgan
612.  Detroit Tigers
652.  Edwin Jackson

Looking at the list of players that I'm still missing, I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised.  Usually the last few cards that I need to track down when working on a set for a long time are either big names or short prints.  As far as I know, all the diamond parallels were printed at the same rarity level and other than (arguably) Joe Mauer, there's nary a superstar or even regular star player that I'm missing!  I wonder if I might be able to finish this set (finally!) by the end of this year?!

Thanks again, Jon! 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on completing the Series One set. That's quite the accomplishment. Best of luck on tracking down the final ten for the Series Two set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that this pair of dime-box finds could be of use to someone! It's funny too, because I originally tried to send that batting leaders card to another person, but they never replied to my email, so I figured after a couple of months it might as well go to someone who did actually reply to my email ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I looked up the definition of "awesome" and there was Jon's picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very generous of Jon to help you with this impressive set build!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment