Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts: #5

We've finally made it to the Top 5 in my countdown of all 30 MLB teams.  This one might surprise a bunch of people...

#5:  Detroit Tigers (2019 rank:  #10)

The Tigers have a soft spot in my heart because one of my uncles is a big Tigers fan.  As such, I've never actively rooted against Detroit (except if they happen to be playing the Reds of course).  Over the years, I've even found myself watching the occasional Tigers game and actively rooting for Detroit.  I guess that proxy-fandom has carried over into my rankings since the Tigers move all the up to #5 after being ranked #10 last year.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the 2020 edition of the Detroit Tigers might not be all that much fun to watch.  I don't think the Tigers have all that high of expectations...perhaps simply trying to beat out the Orioles for worst in the league?  Even so, I'll root for Detroit...I mean, I'm used to rooting for a rather lousy team.  *trombone sound*

With only four teams left in the rankings (and #1 should be known to anyone who reads my blog at all), clues kind of seem pointless at this stage of the game.  No matter, let's help everyone earn a few more chances in the contest!  Next up in the rankings, a Top 5 team from 2019 moves up a spot for 2020!

2020 Rankings:
#30:  New York Yankees
#29:  Boston Red Sox
#28:  St. Louis Cardinals
#27:  San Francisco Giants
#26:  Washington Nationals
#25:  Miami Marlins
#24:  Chicago Cubs
#23:  Milwaukee Brewers
#22:  Houston Astros
#21:  Pittsburgh Pirates
#20:  Atlanta Braves
#19:  Los Angeles Angels
#18:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#17:  Texas Rangers
#16:  San Diego Padres
#15:  Baltimore Orioles
#14:  Colorado Rockies
#13:  Kansas City Royals
#12:  Toronto Blue Jays
#11:  Oakland Athletics
#10:  Chicago White Sox
#9:  Minnesota Twins
#8:  Philadelphia Phillies
#7:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#6:  Tampa Bay Rays
#5:  Detroit Tigers
#4:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
27  John Sharp
28  P-Town Tom
22  bbcardz
19 hockey kazi
32  Brett Alan
25 Fuji
1  acrackedbat
1  Wilson
27 Matt
2 Trevor P.
1 friend11
1 Adam Kaningher
1 CrazieJoe
1 Brian
3 OhioTim

Comments

  1. I feel for the Detroit fans. The Tigers have been around since practically forever but haven't been very competitive for the last few seasons.

    I believe the Mets are up next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!

    Top 5 for my favorite team!

    2020 will mark my 54th year as a Tigers fan.

    I've been fortunate enough to see two A.L. East Division and 4 A.L. Central Division Titles, 4 A.L. Pennant winning teams, and 2 World Series Champs, in 1968 & 1984.

    Being a fan of an Original American League organization always makes me feel good, no matter what the season outcome.

    Good Job!



    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mets must be at #4 then. I can't wait to hear your explanation for this one. Most Cubs fans are still sour on the Mets because of the 1969 season... Yes, I realize that was over half a century ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, always nice to see ex-Met and union head Tony Clark! I'm not big on the Tigers, but it's sad to see Miguel Cabrera playing out the end of his great career on such a lousy team.

    I'll pick Cleveland next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a big fan of the Tigers. I remember rooting against them in the 1984 World Series. That's what kicked off my love for the Padres.

    I know process of elimination should make things get easier, but I think the streak of 5 in a row ends with the Tigers. I'll go with the Mets too, but I'm not confident.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Verlander/Scherzer/Price/Porcello rotation seemed like ages ago - I still to this day don't know how the Red Sox squeaked by them in 2013. The Mets have to be next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my area of Ohio, there are many Tigers fans. One of my best friends in college is a Tigers fan. As for the next tesm, I am going with my beloved Cleveland Indians.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a tough rebuild. However since I go to quite a few Mud Hens games, this year will be very interesting with all of their top prospects playing at 5/3 field.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment