Featured Post

Trade Stack 101: Found a Mike Trout Rookie Today So I'm Feeling Mighty Good!

Note:  In order to claim the Stack you must agree to send me at least one item from my want list (this now includes LEGO sets since I'm into that too).

I was going through a large stack of cards that I had set aside years ago for possible inclusion in my non-Reds Frankenset.  In total, I probably sorted through about 400-500 cards and it wasn't until I grabbed the last tiny stack (~25 cards) that I found an honest-to-goodness Mike Trout rookie card from the 2011 Topps Update set.  I was sure that I had one of those back when the set was released but I figured I had thrown it in to some random trade package somewhere along the way.  Imagine my surprise (and joy!) when I found the card.  Of course, given the crazy prices that Trout rookies are going for these days I decided that I would throw mine up for sale on eBay and then use the proceeds to fund my 2020 Allen & Ginter purchases.  It's only been a few hours, but so far so good on that front!  I honestly think I would have done a lot better had I gotten the card graded but I felt impatient and figured that a graded card probably wouldn't come back until after Allen & Ginter would have to be ordered (and I need the money from the sale in order to get any Ginter this year).  Thus, out of necessity I through the card up on eBay now and figured whoever wins it can get it graded and perhaps it'll end up being worth twice (or more) what they end up paying me for the card.  

Today is also a good day because I put together the final bracket for my Ultimate Ginter Mini Set Bracket contest!  If you haven't checked it out yet, please go here and sign up!  I'd love to get 20+ entries into the bracket challenge, we are already almost halfway to that total.  

And with all of that, my mood is obviously quite good tonight!  So good, in fact, that I figured I'd add another card to our current Trade Stack.  No, not that Mike Trout card, sorry.  But perhaps a Finest card would be of interest to you?

Remember, you get ALL of the cards in the Stack in exchange for at least one item from my want list.  The Stack goes to whoever claims it first (and tells me what they are sending me).  If the Stack goes unclaimed for some length of time, then I'll add more to it until it does eventually get claimed.

2016 Topps Finest:
29.  Troy Tulowitzki (Blue Jays)


2009 Topps Heritage:
320.  Jay Bruce (Reds)


2017 Panini Donruss Optic Football:
29.  Jeremy Hill (Bengals) - Prizm parallel
148.  Adoree' Jackson (Titans)

2012 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions:
14.  Martin Laird (Golfer)
24.  Natalie Gulbis (Golfer)


Sargento Mootown Snackers:
Autograph Series:
12 of 24.  John Smiley (Pirates)


2012 Bowman Chrome:
BCP84.  Bryan Brickhouse (Royals)
BCP139.  Lane Adams (Royals)
BCP188.  Michael Antonio (Royals)


2018 Bowman:
BO135.  Bryse Wilson (Braves)

2013 Topps Heritage:
200. Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers)


2004 Topps:
200.  Nomar Garciaparra (Red Sox)


2018 Panini Donruss:
USA Baseball insert:
AP20.  Tim Cate (US Collegiate National Team)  #566/999




Be sure to check out my want list and then claim the Stack if you are interested!

Comments

  1. Wow. Makes me kind of think again about putting my Trout up for sale. And I had just decided not to, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, it was just sitting in a random pile of cards for who knows how many years. Figured the money I could make was better spent on something that I actually collect. I'm not an investor in cards (or a prospector) so it was an easy choice for me!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome. I would have sold increased ungraded too. Takes too long and if you get a bad grade, then you're kind of stuck. Unless you crack it open and then sell, but then you wasted time and money to grade. I thought I did well recently putting up my McGwire rookie and some Jordan cards, but wow! Didn't realize that card went for that much raw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a find. Sounds like a great day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll never own a Trout rc but am OK with that. Can't wait to see the final price on yours! So awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment