Featured Post

The Third Set I've Completed in 2020 is...

One of my main blog resolutions for 2020 is to continue to whittle down my want list to a much more manageable number of sets.  Through the first half of the year, I managed to only complete two more sets...but at least one of those sets was a biggie from the 1800s!  

Although what I said above about only completing two sets in the first half of 2020 was technically true, I did place a COMC order back in March which was going to help me finish off a few more sets.  That order didn't arrive until the end of June and it's only now (in July) that I'm getting around to opening up the package and sorting, scanning, and paging the contents!

Because I do things in such shifts, I'll probably stick to showing off the cards from one particular set at a time in a post.  For today, we are only going back one year to the 2019 Allen & Ginter set.  There were two mini sets that I didn't quite finish off last year, one being the retail-only New to the Zoo set and the other being the Dreams of Blue Ribbons set.

Now I can proudly say that I'm done with the Blue Ribbons set at least!

It's kind of surprising that I wasn't able to complete the Dreams of Blue Ribbons set via trading last year only because I don't think this particular insert set was very popular.  In my ongoing Ultimate Allen & Ginter Mini Set Bracket, the Blue Ribbon set earned the #90 seed (out of 93) which is obviously quite horrible!  That being said, in the play-in round, the Dreams of Blue Ribbons set did manage to knock off the 2008 Team Orange set (a stealth set featuring Topps employees dressed as old timey baseball players, I kid you not).   The Round of 64 wasn't nearly so kind to the Blue Ribbons set though as their dreams were crushed by a 15-1 shellacking at the hands of the 2010 National Animals set!

Oh yeah, speaking of animals...if you happen to have any of the New to the Zoo cards yet, here's what I'm still looking for:
2019 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:
Mini inserts:
New to the Zoo:  NTTZ- 5, 12, 15, 17
I'd love to be able to knock off the entire 2019 section of my want list!

I'll have more from my COMC order in the upcoming days.  I'm happy to report that this isn't the last of the sets that I'll finish off in 2020!  

Comments

  1. Going Toe to Toe 😂😂 in the Ginter Contest to get my First Ladies and Baseball guys into the Championship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing the Dreams of Blue Ribbons mini set! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your COMC order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. finishing sets??? Is that possible? I must look into this further.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Wrapping up sets has been high on the priority list for me too the past few months.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment