Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 758: 2004 Fleer Tradition - #365

Barry Larkin
Year: 
2004
Brand:  Fleer Tradition
Card number:  365


The 2004 Fleer Tradition set is a rather nice, albeit simple, set.  For Barry's card, there's a rather unique image used for the front of the card and then nearly full career stats on the reverse side.  I think that Fleer missed a small opportunity to individualize the cards a bit more with the small silhouette in the corner of the back of the card - they should have used either a fielding person or a hitting person for non-pitcher cards.  Other than that though, this is a solid card that I have no real complaints about.  In fact, I like this set enough that it would have probably been a set that I would have collected in full had I been an active card collector in 2004 (instead I was a junior/senior in college).

Even more amazing?  The 2004 Fleer Tradition set has zero parallels...and since Larkin wasn't featured in any of the subsets nor the inserts I can say that I have the entire Larkin collection from this particular set (you are looking at the lone card)!

Comments

  1. You called it right. 2004 Fleer Tradition is one of the more simple, less dazzling sets out there. But it's pleasant enough for me--I'm only about 25 or so cards away from completing this set (17 of them are short prints).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment