Featured Post

Group Break Recap: 2020 Allen & Ginter Break #1 (2 Box Break)

Last weekend, I hosted three group breaks including a break consisting of TWO boxes of 2020 Allen & Ginter.  If you missed out on that one, don't worry - this weekend I'm hosting a second TWO box break of 2020 Allen & Ginter (full details and to sign-up go here).

Each box of 2020 Ginter comes with a box topper with the most common type being that of the Cabinet box loader variety.  


Our two boxes each had a Cabinet card but the good news was that both featured teams (Freeman with the Braves and Bichette with the Blue Jays) were claimed teams in the break (as opposed to the randomly assigned teams).  Always nice when the rarer stuff goes to a claimed team!

Moving on to the base cards, I had to scan this beauty as it is one of the rookies that everyone is chasing in the set:

The real draw of Ginter though (to me at least) is a combination of the minis and the neat hits in the set.  For minis, we got our usual expected assortment of regular back, A&G back, and black-bordered minis.  I didn't scan them all but here's are a few of the better ones: 

There's the Lewis guy again.

The other minis in the boxes were of the insert variety including one of the coolest mini sets I've seen in quite some time - the Where Monsters Live set complete with glow-in-the-dark embellishments.


Those are the the most common mini inserts to pull and also the coolest mini inserts this year!  Kind of nice I guess that they are fairly easy-to-find I think (seeded 1:10 packs overall).  I should note that we did have a fourth Where Monsters Live (the Attic) which I simply didn't have room for on my scanner.  

The other mini inserts are much tougher to pull (1:50 packs) but you can safely expect to get at least one or two per hobby box.  We ended up doing quite well on this front with a total of six of the rarer mini inserts:


I happen to like all three of the rarer mini sets that we pulled cards from.  In the break, it was Rod who had the "non-MLB" slot so these are all going to him.  I'll definitely have to try and work out a trade for some of those should Rod not be interested in them!  Speaking of that, here's a shameless plug to my want list which has been updated with my 2020 Ginter needs!

A nice selection of minis (both common and rare) made me happy with our pulls on that front.  Unfortunately, I quite say the same for our hits...

In one box, we pulled a relic of Jeff Dye, George Springer, and Christian Vazquez.


The other box gave us relics of Lorenzo Cain, Nyjah Huston, and Steve Byrne.


I was admittedly disappointed that we didn't get either A) a framed relic or B) at least one autograph.  The full-sized relics aren't as interesting to me...but I love the framed relics (so much so, in fact, that I'm going to try and collect the entire 2020 framed relic set)!  

Finally, although it wasn't out of either A&G box we DID get an autograph in this particular group break.  You see, each group break I do has a few random packs thrown in to add to the overall card count.  For this particular break, I threw in a number of packs including a rack pack of 2020 Topps Archives.  You can imagine my surprise when this fell out of that retail pack:


It took a bonus pack, but at least we got an auto after all (and for a claimed team, no less)!

I do hope everyone in the break had a good time...and I also hope that the next 2020 Ginter break fills up soon so I can rip those boxes this coming weekend (once again, here's the link to the next group break).

Comments

  1. Seems like half the non-sport peeps are comedians this year. I got the Dye relic too, and my last box had two other comedian relics. I'm guessing they're "standup-worn"?

    Will compare our wants and spares over the weekend. I did luck out on a Vlad Jr. mini framed relic, so you can ponder your tradeables...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment