Featured Post

Something Completely Different (Vintage via Johnny's Trading Spot)

 I consider myself a lot of things when it comes to card collecting:  set collector, team collector, player collector, "interesting card" collector, original A&G collector, and that's off the top of my head without any thought.  Surprisingly, the one thing that I don't consider myself is a vintage card collector (where I define "vintage" here as anything from 1950s through the 1970s since I was born in 1982).  

I also don't consider myself a collector of any sport besides baseball...

...and so you may be surprised to learn that my latest winnings from Johnny's Trading Spot's BFG was something I was excited to get:  vintage football!  

Like I said, I don't collect football and I know next-to-nothing about vintage football in particular.  Thus, these well-loved 1957 Topps Football cards were new to me in every sense of the word.  Heck, I don't even think I've ever seen this particular card design before! 


Thanks a ton to John for the fun contests during the summer (and for all the free cards)!  I can't say for sure if these four football cards will remain in my collection long-term (after all, I've been trying to cut back, not add to what I'm collecting) but even if they do eventually leave my house I can always say I learned about a new set thanks to the BFG!

Comments

Post a Comment