Featured Post

One of the True 2020 Allen & Ginter White Whales has Been Harpooned!

When I decided that I'd try to collect the full 2020 Topps Allen & Ginter Framed Relic set, deep down I honestly expected to come up three cards short when all was said and done.  You see, the checklist has a bunch of great players on it...but three greats in particular appear to be printed in much scarcer supply than the rest of the set - and of course those three cards are cards of three of the greatest players to ever play the game (Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and Ted Williams).

But then...and eBay auction happened and a best offer was accepted...and a few days later this beauty was mine!  


That's Willie Mays and it's a gorgeous relic.  

I love last year's A&G relic design and being able to now say I own a piece of history (that being this Mays' memorabilia) is extra cool!  It's kind of hard to believe that I was able to own this card prior to getting cards of say Aaron Judge or Roger Clemens but sometimes you have to strike while the iron is hot!  

Speaking of the other relics I need, here's what remains from my 2020 Ginter want list:

2020 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Mini inserts:  
Citadels & Safeholds:  MCS- 2
Safari Sights:  SS- 10
Framed relics:  
MFR-AJ Aaron Judge - New York Yankees
MFR-GB George Brett - Kansas City Royals
MFR-HA Hank Aaron - Milwaukee Braves
MFR-LR Luis Robert - Chicago White Sox
MFR-MT Mike Trout - Los Angeles Angels
MFR-RA Ronald Acuña Jr. - Atlanta Braves
MFR-RC Roger Clemens - New York Yankees
MFR-TW Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox

With one of the short print relics in now in my possession, I can't help but wonder if I'll (someday) acquire another one?  No reason to get greedy though - this card is a huge boon to my collection and even if I never get the Aaron or the Williams, I'm happy to have the Say Hey kid!

Comments

  1. Congrats on snagging the Mays relic, and good luck with the rest of this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is one fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice that they didn't go with a jersey swatch for Willie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment