Featured Post

Breaker's Club Recap: 2020 Topps 206

This past Tuesday, I held another Breaker's Club collection of box breaks.  In total, we opened three boxes - 2021 Topps Heritage (Hobby), 2020 Topps 206 (Series 2), and 2004 Leaf (Retail).

Each box was fun in its own right but let's start with the smallest of the three boxes - the 2020 Topps 206 (Series 2) box.


This box only contained ten (mini) cards.  The first seven in the box were all of the regular "blue back" variety while the final three minis had parallel backs.  


I certainly can't complain about our player selection for the seven regular minis and the design is perfectly nice as well.  A solid mix of veterans, rookies, and legends.  

Your "common" blue backs look like this.

Even better, I know that one of the members of the Breaker's Club is a big Ivan Rodriguez collector so having one of our ten mini cards be a Pudge card for him made me extra happy.  I love when people in my group break get the card(s) they are hoping for!  


Next, each box promises two of the Piedmont back mini cards.  


Our box had a strong NL West theme when it came to the three non-regular back minis beginning with the Piedmont backed Giant and Diamondback.


Finally, each box of 2020 Topps 206 comes with one "rare" mini.  Our box had a 1:6 pack Sovereign mini, certainly not the rarest option out there but it'll do!

Like I said, a heavy NL West theme with the three rarer minis - here the Padres get in on the action!

Other options for the last mini are Sweet Caporal (1:3),  Polar Bear (1:18), Black Plate Omission (1:30), Cycle #/25, American Beauty #/10, and Ty Cobb #/1.  Series 2 also has a small autograph checklist (Chipper Jones - Braves, David Wright - Mets, Max Muncy - Dodgers, and Nick Solak - Rangers) but we didn't find any of those either.

Overall, I can't say that I'd personally dish out $20 to get 10 mini cards.  That said, it was a fun break for a group break because I'm guessing a lot of people feel the way I do about sets like this!  The cards are certainly nice enough - I wouldn't turn down any Reds from the set if someone offered but I don't think I'll be actively buying boxes of this stuff for myself!

Comments

  1. 2 bucks per for a mini card is out of my buying range unless it's specifically something I want. It was interesting to watch though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay I got something out of this box. Always sucks to get skunked on a box even if it's one like this where it's twice as likely to be skunked than to hit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment