Featured Post

COMC Delivers! (Part 4 - the Part with the Dinosaurs)

I'm back with a few more cards from my COMC order that finally showed up!  Today, we turn our attention to the wonderful 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs set.  I've had the full base set done for quite some time now but I'm still working on two of the insert sets. 

The first such set is the Dinosaur Patches set.  Basically, a manu-patch set full of prehistoric creatures!  Unfortunately, like most of the 2015 UD Dino set, there are lots of different rarity tiers for the patch set.

First up, the Triceratops.


The three-horned herbivore is part of the (not surprisingly named) Herbivore subset.  This particular patch is one of the rarer ones as it's part of group C (cards that are seeded 1:84 packs)!

Next, the Dilophosaurus.


This critter (whose name means "two-crested lizard) is part of the Predator subset.  The Dilophosaurus is also a group C card.

And finally, one last patch for this purchase which happened to be the Plesiosaurus.


This guy is part of the Air/Sea subset (obviously he's all "sea").  Plesiousaurus is also the rarest of the three dinos that I bought as he's part of group B (seeded 1:1179 packs)!

As you probably know, I'm a math guy so I do tend to keep a bunch of different spreadsheets.  For the 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaur Patch set, I've broken things down by rarity tier and whether or not I own it.  Here's how my spreadsheet "scoreboard" looks as of now:


As you can see, I've landed all 30 of the "common" patches and all but 2 of the "uncommon" patches.  I've still got a fair bit of work to do on the rare patches (50% complete) and then there are the five "ultra rare" patches that I'll probably never own.  In total, I now own 48 of the 60 patches (80% completion) which is pretty good if you ask me (especially since each hobby box of the 2015 UD Dino set only comes with a single patch card)!

The second set out of the 2015 UD Dinosaurs set that I'm still working on is the awesome "shadow box" set called Predators of the Sea.  This is a 21 card set (with insertion odds of 1 in every other hobby box if I'm not mistaken).  I was able to grab five more needed cards from COMC:


That leaves me needing only four more cards from this set!  I may never finish the patch card set but I do hope to eventually complete the Predators of the Sea set (as far as I know, none of the cards are any rarer than any of the other cards in the set - a true rarity for the 2015 Dinosaurs set overall)!

With all of those nifty dino cards safely in hand, here's what my remaining want list looks like:
2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs Wants:
Inserts:
Patch cards:   36, 38, 39, 40, 43, 44, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
Predator of the Seas:  2, 3, 15, 21

I'll have to keep my eye out for the remaining cards but if by chance you have any of the cards I need sitting around unwanted and unloved, let me know!  I'd love to work out a trade (or even purchase)!

Comments

  1. These are so cool. I think the Triceratops is my favorite dinosaur overall. The one in the American Museum of Natural History in Manhattan is so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really invested in this series now. I love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these sets. I wonder why Topps doesn't do more shadow box baseball cards. They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment