Featured Post

TCDB Monday: The Trades are Flowing this Week!

My mailbox was overflowing in the past week with TCDB packages - good to see the trades flowing once again!  

First up, how about Chipper Jones from the 2010 National Chicle set (courtesy of a trade with user cdorso).  


Oh wait, what's that you say?  That's not Chipper Jones?  It's Babe Ruth?  Uhm, sure.  Whatever you say.  Moving along, the other card from this swap was this holo blue Barry Larkin from the 2021 Donruss set.  


That is my sixth version of that card already - and there are tons of rarer parallels that I've yet to track down!  

Next, from user oldschool72 comes a single card that I needed for my 1998 UD Retro set build.  


I've nearly finished this set - only three more cards to go (#48, 71, and 111).  I should really put some effort into trying to track down those final three cards...this should be an easy set to add to my ever-growing list of sets completed in 2021!

Next, from user dettigersmlb comes another single card for me:  


That's one of those framed white parallels from the 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen set.  Given how long I've been working on this set, I'll probably never try to build a similar set in the future.  However, I am still making (slow) progress on this one so I haven't given up on it yet!

Moving along to another single card PWE, this time from user Goal Line:


That is a 1998 Donruss Collections card of Barry Larkin.  Nice to get a new (and shiny) Larkin card for my collection.  If you can't tell from my series of TCDB posts, without that site my Barry Larkin Collection wouldn't be nearly what it is today!  Now, if only I could force myself to continue to upload my remaining Larkin Collection (and corresponding want list for the years 2001 and up).  I love TCDB but I hate doing the uploading of checklists!

My next PWE of the week contained not one, but two Barry Larkin cards (courtesy of user paulie3jobs): 


I love me some late 90s Topps Gold Label and here's a perfect example of why!  I'm not nearly as familiar with the 1999 Gold Label set - I'll have to seek out a box of that for a future group break perhaps!

Did you think that was it for new (to me) Larkin cards?  Not quite yet...

Next, two more new Larkins (these from user Jquirple001: 


The Pacific one is a copper parallel while the EX2001 card is simply stunning to look at!  As I said, TCDB has been a wonderful source of various Larkin cards including some tougher-to-find parallels such as that copper Pacific parallel.

I'm still not done with this week!  Next, from user Bronzan comes another new Larkin for me: 


That's a 1998 Score Rookie & Traded All-Star Epix Orange card of Larkin.  It's a confusing set since the Epix insert spans multiple 1998 products - and if I'm not mistaken, each product also has multiple different color parallels.  I'll have to do some serious research/work prior to writing my Barry Larkin Collection post for this card, that's for sure!

Continuing with the Barry Larkin theme, how about another new one for me?  This time, it's from user CubinSTLsets:  


That's a 1996 Ultra Gold Medallion parallel of Barry Larkin...at least, I think that's right.  As I said earlier, I'll have to do more research on a bunch of the new Larkin cards prior to posting them to my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series!

And that does it for the week.  Plenty of envelopes - and lots of sweet, sweet new Larkin cards for me (plus three more cards off of my want list which is also great news).  

Comments

  1. 2010 Topps National Chicle is one of my favorite sets in recent years... but that Babe/Chipper is definitely not one of the better examples. I really liked pulling Epix inserts from packs back in 1998... but you're right. Different tiers and colors made it very confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really nice trades that came your way this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That might be the weirdest looking Babe Ruth card that I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment