Featured Post

They Don't Call Him the King for Nothing!

Not all that long ago, I posted my A-Z list of my favorite (Reds) baseball players.  That particular challenge was the brain child of The Diamond King - and it's the Diamond King who sent me today's card:


That's my first (I think) Aristides Aquino autograph - and I know it's my first Topps Chrome auto of his!  The Diamond King included a note with the card saying that he knew I'd love it more than him - and he's right!  

My Aquino collection is still relatively small so getting an autograph for it is quite cool!  As for Aquino himself, I fear he's the second coming of Wily Mo Pena but I hold out hope that he'll actually be good...  At least Wily Mo got the Reds a number of years of Bronson Arroyo pitching (a clear "win" for the Reds as far as trades go).  

Many thanks for the fun surprise, Diamond King!  Heck, after suffering from a head cold for a number of days recently, a fun surprise like this in the mailbox was exactly what the doctor ordered!

Comments

  1. You are most welcome! When I saw Aquino on your A-Z list, I knew I found a home for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment