Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 822: 1997 Topps - #ILM6 - Inter-League Finest Refractor

Barry Larkin
Year:
  1997
Brand:  Topps
Insert set:  Inter-League Finest (refractor parallel)
Card number:  ILM6


I've been working hard to get my Barry Larkin Collection completely up-to-date.  One of the things that the process entails is me going through my huge stack of Larkin cards and scanning/updating TCDB/writing posts about all of the various cards that I've acquired over the past few years (you know, the ones that I haven't scanned or talked about in depth yet).  Anyhow, today's card is actually an eBay purchase - and rather than simply add the card to that stack of assorted Larkin cards to be sorted at a later date, I figured I'd do the prudent thing and discuss the card here and now!

For starters, this is a parallel of an insert - the simple idea of that is annoying to me but that's where collecting was at back in 1997 (and still today, I might add).  I do own the "regular" version of this card as well but that will have to be saved for a future Barry Larkin Collection post.  

Speaking of the regular Inter-League Finest inserts, according to baseballcardpedia, the regular inserts were seeded 1:36 packs while the Inter-League Finest Refractors were seeded a whopping 1:216 packs!  I have to admit, having both cards next to each other in my binder - the Refractor version is definitely far superior!  The bright sheen makes the card look much more special - and it even scans fairly nicely (it'd be a bit shinier if I removed the protective coating but since the card arrived with the protective peel in place, it'll be staying there)!


Comments

  1. Awesome card! Based on how affordable these are and the odds of pulling them from packs... I'd say these inserts are hidden treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment