Breaker's Club #4 got underway earlier this week - and on the first night we busted a total of three boxes including a box of 2021 Topps Stadium Club which is what I want to recap today!
Each hobby box of 2021 Stadium Club features 16 packs and promises a pair of autographs along with 1 insert or parallel card per pack. Of course, you probably shouldn't buy Stadium Club if you are only interested in hits - the real magic of the brand is the base card photography!
Even better than regular base cards are the box topper cards - basically an oversized base card! Our box topper was of the incredible Jacob DeGrom of the Mets - certainly a nice start for Brett Alan who claimed the Mets in this break!
Speaking of base cards, we pulled a number of nice ones - here's a sampling of some of my favorites from the box:
There were actually too many good images to choose from - so here's a few others I liked!
Like I said, gorgeous base cards and that's only a small sampling of what we pulled! Honestly, I counted our box of Stadium Club a success because of the lovely base set ...but that's not to say we didn't pull some other cool stuff.
Stadium Club doesn't have a ton of inserts, but it does have a few - here's three:
That's Superstar Duos card features both Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani on the same card - pretty good star power right there! I was happy to see a nice mix of teams represented here too - including two teams that don't always get featured in insert sets (Twins and Rays).
Sticking with the inserts, we found two of the "throwback" Stadium Club Greats cards including one that I've wanted for quite some time!
Yeah, a new Barry Larkin card for me makes me happy - and now this box is really a success in my book! I even got to remove that Larkin from my TCDB want list!
Next, we found two different Triumvirates cards. The first was the "regular" version and it too went to a "lesser" team in the Blue Jays.
I do like the concept of the Triumvirates even if I've never successfully collected three cards that fit together!
We also found a red parallel Triumvirates card.
The red parallels are seeded a whopping 1:256 packs making this a great hit for the Dodgers (and by extension Jim Hall since he claimed LA this time around)! I have to admit, the red looks good with the Triumvirate design!
The final insert of the box is the one-per-box Stadium Club Chrome card.
Our Chrome was of Nate Pearson, rookie for the Blue Jays. I guess you could say this was a Nate Pearson hot box seeing as how we also pulled a Triumvirate card of Pearson! Also, it's worth noting that the Chrome cards look much better than they seem to scan for me!
Next up, the parallels. We'll begin with the red parallels which are the most common base parallels.
Plenty of good cards here including a couple of retired greats in Chipper Jones and Frank Thomas!
The other expected parallels are the black foil parallels. Seeded 1:8 packs, we pulled our expected two:
Certainly a pair of nice images on those two black foil cards!
We also pulled on black and white parallel - this one being a rookie card of the Braves' Cristian Pache.
The black and white parallels are seeded 1:48 packs so this is another nice, unexpected pull from our box! Congrats to Jason Williams who grabbed Atlanta!
And last but certainly not least, the two promised autographs. I fully expected to pull two rookie autos since that what most boxes of 2021 Stadium Club seem to have but we did a bit better than that. We did pull one rookie auto - a nice looking Nick Neidert auto for the Marlins:
Nice to see the Marlins get on the group break board early in the Breaker's Club! I like to see all teams end up with something cool when all is said and done.
Our last card to show off from the box is our second autograph - and it wasn't a rookie auto:
That's Franmil Reyes of the Indians (soon-to-be Guardians). Congrats to Jordan Schmidt who grabbed Cleveland this time around - a nice autograph for his collection!
That does it for this box! Like I said, we busted three boxes on the first night of Breaker's Club so I still have quite a bit more sorting (and typing/scanning) to do to recap the other boxes. That being said, I had to start by showing off this box since we had a number of nice pulls out of it.
Oh, man, that deGrom is gorgeous. Made my day!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got the Larkin, too!