Featured Post

My A&G Frankenset: Cards #61 - 120

On Sunday of this week, I showed off the first 60 58 cards in my brand new A&G mini Frankenset.  Today, I'm back with the next four pages from the binder.  However, before I get to that I should explain that the minis you see within my Frankenset span the range of regular back, A&G back, and black bordered minis.  For the most part, these are not duplicates but there are a couple of year's worth of A&G that I decided to try and collect the regular back minis and so those years (for the most part) aren't included in the Frankenset at all.  With that out of the way, let's jump back in:

Page 5 - Cards #61 - 75:



Missing #s:  72

Highlights:  I think the black bordered Hank Aaron is my favorite card on this page.  I do like the rainbow effect on Canseco's Rays jersey (and it's nice to see the Rays represented in the binder).  Otherwise, not much else to write home about here.

Lowlights:  My third missing card number from the binder, not too bad I guess considering we've made it through 75 slots now!  That being said, this page has a lot of "weak links" that I do hope to eventually replace with something better.  Heck, there are a couple of guys that I don't even know anything about - Edwin Escobar and Casey McGehee...placeholders in every sense of the word.

Overall:  Probably safe to say this is the worst page so far - an empty spot and plenty of other cards that don't belong in a proper Frankenset.  It's probably best we move on to a better page.

Page 6 - Cards #76 - 90:



Missing #s:  None!

Highlights:  That Frank Robinson card is great.  Happy to have quite a few legends on this page - plus some current guys who may end up going down as MLB legends (Kershaw and Acuna, Jr.).  A nice black bordered Castellanos (and Ted Williams) round out the page.

Lowlights:  Not a ton of weak links here, probably the black bordered Flaherty is my least favorite (a Cardinal, yuck).  

Overall:  When Rhys Hoskins is the second worst player on the page, you've got a decent page.

Page 7 - Cards #91 - 105:



Missing #s:  None!

Highlights:  An Aquino rookie (and a total of five Reds overall) make for a nice page for my personal collection.  We also get the requisite Ginter "pretty lady" in Michelle Beadle.  

Lowlights:  Two rookies (Lux and Bart) from the NL West.  If either of them doesn't end up panning out, then they'll probably be replaced down the road.  Otherwise, no complaints here!

Overall:  One of the strongest pages yet - at the moment there's no one on there that I'm anxious (or hopeful) to get rid of!

Page 8 - Cards #105 - 120:



Missing #s:  None!

Highlights:  The black bordered Bo Jackson takes the cake here though I also like the Robin Yount on the bottom row.  Hardly any weak links here either.

Lowlights:  I've got no affinity whatsoever for Golovkin so that one's the weakest link for me (though I do like the card design with the boxing glove "icon").

Overall:  Another solid page - and now we've made it through the first 120 cards with me only missing three spots so far.  I'll take it!  

More to come from the A&G mini Frankenset binder in the coming days!

Comments

  1. Page 6 is loaded. Is that the page with the highest percentage of hall of famers?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment