Featured Post

12 Days of Christmas (Day 10): Top 3 Prestigious Pros!

Welcome to my latest theme week:  12 Days of Christmas!  Each day, I'll be counting down by one - and with it, a new list that encompasses the day's number.  


For today, we are returning once again to my recent Barry Larkin purchase.  In particular, today I'm going to countdown the three best cards that I was able to buy from the 2004 Playoff Prestige set.

#3:  Prestigious Pros:  PP-87.  Blue #042/900


We begin with the blue parallel from the Prestigious Pros insert set.  Numbered out of 900, this is the most common of the three versions that I was able to grab.  

#2:  Prestigious Pros:  PP-87.  Red #656/700


Moving up a bit in rarity, coming in at #2 on my countdown is the red parallel which is numbered out of 700.  I think the red border looks better for any Cincinnati Reds card!

#1:  Prestigious Pros:  PP-87.  Orange #092/500


The third and final parallel, the orange border, is numbered out of only 500.  You might think that I now have the complete run of Prestigious Pros parallels but you'd be sorely mistaken...  In fact, here's what there is for the set:
  • Black #/10
  • Blue #/900
  • Bronze #/100
  • Gold #/50
  • Green #/350
  • Orange #/500
  • Platinum #/25
  • Purple #/200
  • Red #/700
  • Silver #/75
So.  Many.  Parallels.  And that's not even counting the relics or autograph parallels of the Prestigious Pros insert set!

Comments