Featured Post

12 Days of Christmas (Day 9): Top 4 Hobbies of Mine

Welcome to my latest theme week:  12 Days of Christmas!  Each day, I'll be counting down by one - and with it, a new list that encompasses the day's number.  


For today, we are taking a look at the Top 4 hobbies of mine.  I'm definitely a person who can become enamored with something...or, more accurately, many somethings.  Let's see what's catching my eye these days, shall we?

Top 4 Hobbies of Mine

Before we get to the actual countdown, how about some honorable mentions that didn't quite make the list but are all hobbies of mine nonetheless.

Honorable Mentions:
Gardening, Woodworking, Softball, Running, Board Games, Video Games

I've written about board games earlier in my 12 Days of Christmas.  Honestly, board games would probably be hobby #1 of mine if I had a consistent group of people to play with.  Unfortunately, I seem to have neither the (local) friends nor the time to play games and so that hobby is relegated to the honorable mention list.  

Now, for the actual list:

#4.  Cooking


I do the vast majority of the cooking in my household and, honestly, that doesn't bother me at all.  In the summer, I love to grill but I've been also known to make quite a few batches of different Christmas cookies in the winter (see my food-related Instagram page for more of my culinary exploits).  

#3.  Baseball Cards


Baseball cards still make the list of my top hobbies but they are no longer a unanimous #1 hobby.  The reasons for that are two-fold.  First, cost.  Cards cost money...and completing sets (which is what I like do) costs even more money...and with the current lack of available supply, set completing is virtually impossible to do on a budget.  Second, Topps is about to lose their license and be replaced by Fanatics.  I won't say the hobby is dead but that can't be a good sign for people like me who enjoy tradition and nostalgia.  

#2.  LEGO


My LEGO-related blog is still alive and kicking - and if I could just get some more eyeballs over there I'd probably be a lot more motivated to post more often!  Much like cooking, LEGO is something that I can enjoy with my three-and-a-half year old son so that makes the hobby that much more rewarding for me!  

#1.  Disc Golf


Finally, we end with my newest hobby - disc golf.  A friend of mine got me to try disc golf back in October of this year and it's safe to say I was hooked almost immediately.  I'm still quite terrible at the game but it's good, clean, addicting fun - and decent exercise to boot!  If you happen to be interested in trying the sport, I'd love for you to click through this link (if you buy anything, I'll get some points to apply to my next set of new discs - and like I said, I'm kind of obsessed right now and would love to continue to try new discs out)!  Disc golf is much, much cheaper than "regular" golf but it's still a lot of fun - and there are all sorts of courses out there to try (open courses, wooded courses, etc.).  My hope for 2022 is that I can get out and try a bunch of different courses (and also that I can start to throw a bit better so that I can score the occasional birdie on more par 3 holes)!

That does it for a quick look at my favorite hobbies.  As I said at the beginning, I'm someone who has too many hobbies and not nearly enough time - but hey, better to be interested in too much rather than have no interests, right?!  

Comments

  1. I like to cook as well, I may not be a pro at it even though I have done it for years, but sometimes I nail it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would have board games as a main hobby if I had a consistent amount of time and friends to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of hobbies. I have like 3 and even that's pushing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably would've had to start my list of hobbies on the 12th day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I'm done commenting on this post, I'll head over and read your Lego's Santa's Visit review. I haven't had much time for Legos lately, but while I was down in Vegas for Thanksgiving, I did manage to build two Speed Champions sets.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment