Featured Post

A Look Back at 2021!

Today, it's time for my final 2021 Blog Resolution check-in.  Oh sure, I know the year isn't quite over but it's safe to say that I won't be making any more progress on any of my resolutions so let's get on with it!

#1:  Barry Larkin Collection

On Tuesday, I posted Larkin card #855 on the blog which means I beat my goal of 850 different Larkin cards by the end of 2021!  Resolution Grade:  A+

#2:  Trading

My goal was to complete at least 100 trades which I've had done for months now.  As it stands, I ended the year with 265 trades!  Resolution Grade:  A+

#3:  The Want List

At the start of 2021, my want list had 94 sets on it.  I dubbed the year 2021 the "year of the completed set" and I maintained that energy throughout the vast majority of the year.  As of today, my want list is down to 64 sets.  The original goal was to get my want list down to 80 or fewer sets and I'd say that I blew that goal out of the water!  Resolution Grade:  A+

#4:  The Great Reorganization

You didn't think every grade would be an A+ did you?!  This particular goal had three parts:
1.  Get all of my large trade bait sets listed on TCDB
2.  Complete my non-Reds Frankenset
3.  Clear off my table full of card piles.

I'd say that I basically did complete #1, my TCDB page is full of a lot of trade bait of both big and small sets.  Unfortunately, I didn't complete either of the other two goals in this category.  Resolution grade:  D

#5:  My LEGO blog

The goal was to write at least 50 posts over on Playing with Bricks but I didn't come close to that.  In fact, I didn't even hit 30 total posts.  I'm still struggling to attract much in the way of readership over there - and given the amount of time it takes to write most LEGO related posts, it's been tough to motivate myself to do so regularly.  Still, I have hopes for the blog and I haven't given up on it...it just needs a little more TLC from me to make it better!  Resolution grade:  D

#6:  Breaker's Club

This was a resounding success this year as I ran a bunch of different Breaker's Clubs and we had lots of fun for each one.  Plenty of great cards were pulled for people - no complaints from me at least here!  Resolution Grade:  A

#7:  Reading 

The goal was to read 12 books but once again (as in 2020), I fell short.  I ended the year having read eight books which isn't awful I guess but still rather far short of my goal of twelve books.  Resolution Grade:  C.

My 2021 Resolution Report Card looks like this:  A+, A+, A+, D, D, A, C.  I guess it could have been quite a bit worse!  

I do hope to come up with some new resolutions for 2022 but that'll have to wait for a future day and post.  For now, I'd love to hear how you did with your goals for 2021 (be they card related goals or otherwise).

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. That number stood out to me as well. Congratulations Nachos Grande!

      Delete
  2. The beauty of those 265 trades is that they obviously helped with all those completed sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all! TCDB has been a life changer as far as trading / set completing goes for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment