Featured Post

Finishing Off a Box of Baseball Cards on Boxing Day!

Happy Boxing Day!  

Speaking of boxes, for today I want to show off some of the highlights from the final four packs of my 1997 Donruss Limited box.  I've had fun ripping this box, but my goal of finding new Barry Larkin cards has so far come up empty.  Will today's final four packs hold an elusive Larkin card that I need for my collection?  Only one way to find out!

Packs 21 - 24:

Pack 21:
10.  Barry Larkin / Rey Ordonez


14.  Matt Williams / Vinny Castilla
25.  Ramon Martinez / Bobby Jones
34.  Andy Pettite / Denny Neagle
Limited Exposure:  174.  Todd Dunwoody / Brian Giles


Finally, Barry Larkin shows up!  Unfortunately, that's his most common base card which I already own.  The Dunwoody/Giles Limited Exposure card is our fourth of the box (the are seeded 1:6 packs) so I wouldn't expect any more of those to show up.

Pack 22:
7.  Eddie Murray / Reggie Jefferson
20.  Paul Molitor / John Olerud
43.  Hideo Nomo / Charles Nagy
84.  Dmitri Young / Antone Williamson
109.  Shane Reynolds / Andy Benes
138.  Vladimir Guerrero / Jim Edmonds


This pack had six cards in it for some reason (packs should only contain five cards).  That's about the best thing I can say about the pack though since none of the base cards jumped out at me as definite keepers.

Pack 23:
29.  J.T. Snow / Kevin Young
42.  Deion Sanders / Bernard Gilkey


52.  Randy Johnson / Jason Dickson
66.  Steve Finley / Rich Becker
147.  Bartolo Colon / Kevin Appier

Nice card of Deion Sanders.  I don't think I knew he was the NL league leader in triples in 1992 so I learned something from his card today!

Pack 24:
85.  Rickey Henderson / Darryl Hamilton
113.  Trey Beamon / Eric Owens
135.  Double Team:  Hideki Irabu / Andy Pettitte


178.  Dante Bichette / Butch Huskey
185.  Carlos Delgado / Wally Joyner

That's our fourth Double Team short print (and unfortunately it's the Yankees one rather than the Reds one which features Barry Larkin on it).  That's also the end of the box - so ultimately I had a fun rip but didn't end up with a whole lot of cards that I'm planning on keeping.  Most of the cards from this box will probably end up on TCDB in the hopes that I can flip them for cards that I actually want!  

Comments

  1. Great product. Those limited exposure parallels are so shiny. I really enjoyed collecting them back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I'd enjoy this set, since you got 2 players from 2 teams on one card. Still, I haven't seen them before, so thanks for showing them off!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment