Featured Post

Monday's are for Trading (kanee61978, minibbcards)

Happy Monday, everyone!  I've still got a couple more weeks off from work (our semester begins around the middle of January) so I'm going to enjoy myself while I can!  One thing that I definitely enjoy is collecting cards - and building baseball card sets via trades is the ideal way to beef up my collection.  That's exactly what I have to show off today, a bunch of cards acquired via trades - all over at TCDB!

We'll begin with a PWE from kanee61978:


That's one of the 1998 Fleer Tradition cards that I still need for my set build.  I recently updated my want list with my Series 2 needs from '98 Tradition - and almost immediately I was able to make a few trades to help inch closer to completing the set!  As for the card itself, it celebrates Andy Pettitte's Game 5 win in the 1996 World Series in which Pettitte went 8 1/3 scoreless innings to grab the win.

Next, from user minibbcards comes a trade that took months to get worked out and completed.  However, now that all the t's have been crossed and all the i's dotted, it's time to look at the spoils that I ended up with!  


We'll begin with those three framed paper parallels from 2013 Gypsy Queen.  I'm getting awfully close to finishing off the white framed set but it's also been nearly a decade since the set was released which means finding trade partners is harder and harder.  If, by some chance, you have any of these lying around unloved, here's what I'm still looking for:
2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Wants:
White Paper Parallels:  10, 17, 26, 31, 34, 184, 211, 214, 233, 255, 296, 300, 303
The rest of the trade was a bunch of mini cards that I needed from a variety of sets.  Three of the cards were different A&G minis from 2013:


For the 2013 year, I decided to try and collect the regular back, A&G back, and black border version of each of the Reds in the set.  This trade landed me one of each type of mini card - and in the process knocked three more cards off my 2013 A&G want list:
2013 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:
Wonders of the World Cabinet Boxloaders
WOW-1 Great Pyramid of Giza
WOW-20 Paricutin Volcano
Minis:
Regular back minis: 122, 177
A&G back minis:  77, 215, 294
Black border minis:  38, 77, 103, 122, 169, 177, 309, 310
The final three cards from the trade were also minis - but this time from three different sets:


The "Athletic Endeavors" and the "A Healthy Body" sets are two Allen & Ginter sets that I've debated about giving up on for a number of years now - both are hard-to-find and even more difficult to trade for (this trade cost me 7 A&G framed cards which is the only reason I was able to acquire two difficult minis)!  The third mini is another Topps 205 Larkin mini, this time a Sovereign back.

As I said already, this trade took a lot of time (and back and forth bartering) but I'm happy with the result.  It feels great to inch closer to completing sets and even better to acquire cards from sets that have eluded me for a long, long time!  


Comments