Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 861: 1991 Topps - #730 - Tiffany

Barry Larkin
Year:  1991
Brand:  Topps
Parallel set:  Tiffany
Card number:  730

Back in November of last year, I showed off the first of two Barry Larkin cards from the 1991 Topps Tiffany set.  Today, I'm pleased to show you the second such card.  This is Larkin's regular base card and I have to say, with the bright white card stock I think the card "pops" a bit more than the regular 1991 base card does.  

As I mentioned in my previous post about this particular parallel set, the '91 Tiffany set only had a reported print run of 4,000 sets - quite rare for the era...especially when you realize that the regular 1991 Topps set had a reported print run of 4-5 million copies!

At this point in time, here's how my Barry Larkin Collection looks in terms of just 1991 Topps cards and their parallels:
Yeah, I'm finally (almost) done with this set!  In fact, I only have to track down one more card - but it's an elusive Desert Shield parallel of the very same card you see at the top of this post.  That Desert Shield parallel is now one of only nine more Barry Larkin cards that I need from the year 1991 - hard to believe that I can even say that given that there were 65 different Barry Larkin cards printed in 1991 that I have been working on tracking down for my own collection!


Comments