Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 863: 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes - #151 - State parallel

Barry Larkin
Year: 
2013
Brand:  Panini Hometown Heroes
Parallel set:  State
Card number:  151


The 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes set is printed on pleasingly thick card stock with a nice textured finish.  The set is bright and cheery, a classier version of 1991 Fleer if you will with all of the yellow splashed about.  I like the overall design of this card - in fact, it's one of the few Panini cards I've seen where the lack of the team logo isn't the first thing I notice.  Kudos to Panini's designers on this one.

This particular card is the State parallel (there's also a similar Zip Code parallel which also utilizes a gold stamp on the card front if I'm not mistaken).  I don't (yet?) own the Zip Code card but I do own the regular base card - and hopefully soon I'll add that one to my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts.  It's kind of rare for me to write about a parallel prior to posting a base card (if I own both) but this particular was an spur-of-the-moment eBay buy by yours truly and it arrived in the mail the other day so here we are talking about it!  The best part about this parallel is that it only set me back $2.03 and that was including shipping.  Kind of hard to get a Barry Larkin parallel that I need for a much better price than that!

Comments

  1. I like the design on this set quite a bit, I just wish that a lot of the photos had been better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment