Featured Post

Final TCDB Day of February! (jdmx1, udelljaru, mrmail2000, torcato)

Happy Monday, and happy last day of February!  I've said many times that I think February is one of the worst months of the year - nothing but cold and gray skies where I live.  At least March mixes in a few warmer, sunnier days (along with usually at least one snowstorm of 6+" which I could do without).  

Anyhow, you aren't here to read about my hot takes on the weather, you want to see the cards.  Well, cards you shall see!

Let's start with a package from jdmx1:


This was a great trade for me as I was able to acquire two more minis from the 2021 Allen & Ginter set.  I'm nearly done with all of the minis from that set so finding one person who had two that I needed at the same time was fortunate for sure!  In fact, that Beret card is the last of the Hats Off cards that I needed!  Another set complete, hooray!

Next up, a package from udelljaru:


Three more needed cards from the 2001 Topps HD set.  This one cost me quite a few inserts to make the trade happen but that's to be expected when attempting to acquire a Derek Jeter short print (ugh).  At least now I have that one in my set...though I still have a long ways to go overall before I can wrap this particular set up.

2001 Topps High Definition (HD) Wants:  11, 51, 103, 105, 106, 107, 108, 111, 114, 116, 117, 119, 120

Next, from user mrmail2000 comes a PWE that finishes off a set for me!


That's a 2021 World Leaders mini card and it just so happened to be the final one that I needed for my set build (thanks to acquiring the Parmelin World Leaders card earlier this week - as shown above)!  That's two 2021 A&G mini sets completed this week - can't complain about that...and yet, I'm still not quite down with the 2021 Ginter set this week...

Finally, from user torcato comes not a trade but rather a purchase that I did via TCDB.  


Torcato had six Barry Larkin cards that I needed for my collection plus the final Good for You mini from 2021 Allen & Ginter.  


As for the Larkin cards, they are:
1996 Score Gold Stars
2000 Pacific Ruby
2000 Pacific Ruby Variation
2001 Topps Limited
2001 Upper Deck MVP
2004 Topps 1st Edition

I'll be sure to (eventually) get a post up on each of those Larkin cards as part of my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series.  For now, you can gaze in wonder at the single large scan of all the cards together.

This ended up being a great week on the card front.  Of course, now everyone's attention has turned to 2022 Topps but for me, I don't mind living in the past and working on sets that used to be the day's hot news.

Comments

  1. I honestly wish there were more "cold and gray skies" days here in San Jose. It was pretty cold here for most of February... but mostly sunny. We definitely need the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loathe cold and grey!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment