Featured Post

Hitting Up eBay for Greatness!

I've had a few free minutes here and there lately and for whatever reason I tend to click on over to eBay when that happens.  I guess this is a decent time of year to be buying cards (maybe everyone's mind is on football still) because I've found a few elusive cards for relatively cheap lately!

First, this Sidney Crosby short print from the 2008 Goudey set.


I've been nearly done with this particular set for a long time but those last few short prints have proven nearly impossible to track down (unfortunately, the trade well for 2008 Goudey ran dry years and years ago).  At this point, I basically have to either buy the cards I need outright or else admit to myself that I'll probably never finish off the set.  I'm not one that likes to give up and since I was able to find a couple of needed short prints lately for cheap, maybe there's hope after all!

Another eBay purchase that I made this past week was for a pair of new-to-me Barry Larkin cards that came from the same seller.  

My Barry Larkin collection is rather lacking with cards from about 2002 onward so I've been making a bit more of an effort to track down some cards from that era.  Of course, one reason that I am missing so many cards from around 2002 onward is that so many of them are serially numbered - for example, both of the cards you see above are numbered (the Panini card is #/399 while the Topps Triple Threads is #/250). 

Next, I found another needed short print from the 2008 Goudey set.  I guess I was in the mood to try and finish this set off since I ended up putting in bids for a few different cards that I needed.  


That's Reggie Jackson and having that card in hand means I'm now down to needing only six more cards before the 2008 Goudey set is complete!  Even better, two of those six cards have also been bought by me as of the time of this post (but as of the time of me typing what you are reading, those two cards are not yet in hand).

Overall, I'm certainly happy to have eBay as an option for buying cards since I live in the middle of nowhere and have little-to-no hope of finding a card show within an hour of my house.  Furthermore, the one show that was within about two hours of my house didn't appear to have a single vendor with any cards I needed from any of the sets I'm currently working on...so yeah, thank goodness for sites like eBay!!

Comments

  1. The 2008 Goudey set is pretty awesome! Congratulations on getting it down to the final four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool set, if I wasn't working on so many others already I might try and tackle that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing as how it's now nearly done, it's probably a good thing that you didn't give up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Crosby is fantastic - and timely since he just scored his 500th goal around the time you posted this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment