Featured Post

Proof that Good Things Can Come in Small Packages!

This past week was a huge week for my personal baseball card collection.  Earlier in the week, I showed off my Mike Trout Gallery of Heroes card that was the final card I needed from the 2013 Topps Archives set.  Today, I've got the final card that I've needed for even longer - going all the way back to the 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter set!


That's the Velociraptor and it's the final card from the Extinct Creatures insert set that I needed.  The Extinct Creatures set is only five cards but the cards were unannounced super short prints so acquiring the full set definitely took a lot of time! 

I was particularly excited to get the Velociraptor not only because it completed a difficult set for me but because I'm a dinosaur lover as well.  In fact, this was the one card from the set that became an instant "must have" the moment I saw the checklist.  Kind of ironic I guess that it took me over a decade to finally pull the trigger on one of the cards from eBay!

There's another unannounced short print set in the 2009 Ginter set that I'm still working on - the Inventions of the Future set.  I'm also only one card away from completing that one so who knows, maybe later this year I'll be able to knock that one out as well!

2009 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:
Inventions of the Future (minis): FI5
Creatures of Legend, Myth, &Terror (minis): 5, 14, 15
Cabinet Boxloader: CB6, CB10
Regular back mini:  134, 159, 205

If nothing else, today's delivery is proof that good things can come in small packages - and even a single card package can make my day (if it's the right card)!

Comments

Post a Comment