Featured Post

Stained Glass Glory!

Today is a great day for my baseball card collection as I have tracked down another "white whale" of sorts.  I guess more accurately, maybe a "stained glass" whale of sorts:


Yep, the final Gallery of Heroes card that I needed for my 2013 Topps Archives set build.  Of course, it did have to be Mike Trout that was last (this card cost me a pretty penny) but it was probably worth it for such a gorgeous card and set!  

For my money, the Gallery of Heroes set might one of the best insert sets of all the 2010s.  I know that Topps based the set on their 1997 Gallery of Heroes set but for once this was a "repeat" worth actually repeating in a future set!  The stained glass look is great, the checklist is great (though there are too many Yankees for my taste in the 2013 set), and the overall design is great.  Heck, even though this card ended up being too expensive, it's even kind of great that it was - if nothing else, it was proof that Topps can still make desirable inserts!

My want list for the year 2013 now is down a full set thanks to the acquisition of the Mike Trout card above.  For the record, here's what I am still on the hunt for out of various 2013 sets:
2013 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Wonders of the World Cabinet Boxloaders
WOW-1 Great Pyramid of Giza
WOW-20 Paricutin Volcano
Minis:
Regular back minis: 122, 177
A&G back minis:  77, 215, 294
Black border minis:  38, 77, 103, 122, 169, 177, 309, 310
2013 Topps Gypsy Queen:
White Paper Parallels:  10, 17, 26, 31, 34, 184, 211, 214, 233, 255, 296, 300, 303
As usual, any help is always appreciated!

Comments

  1. Congrats on completing a great insert set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to complete that set as well! It's awesome! But fortunately, I already have the Trout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the Trout is prohibitively expensive, I think all of the other cards that I bought from the set combined still fell way short of the cost of one Trout card. It's one of my favorite insert sets from the past decade or so though so I'm ecstatic to have it completed finally!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card! Congratulations on completing the set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment