- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Today's mail day represents a tough purchase for me - I had to spend my actual hard-earned dollars on a card of "the enemy." That's right, I had to fork over real cash in exchange for this Tom Brady card. The very thought of it sends chills down my spine.
That all being said, this was one of the last few short prints that I need from the 2008 Upper Deck Goudey set and I figured Brady cards won't be getting any cheaper now that he's announced his retirement.
Truthfully, I can admit that Brady was an excellent quarterback and my (begrudging) admiration for him actually increased once he went on to Tampa Bay and found great success there as well. Still, he did cheat and well...he pretty much owned my Steelers almost any time the two teams matched up in any sort of game that mattered...so yeah, Brady is still "the enemy" in my book - but at least his card now resides in my set binder and I don't have to cringe thinking about the fact that I need to still buy it for my set.
One dirty deed done, now to go wash my hands.
Comments
I always felt like he was way over-worshipped by most sportscasters. He's accurate and makes good decisions, but not much else to me.
ReplyDeleteHis move to Tampa was the resolution of the "Is it Brady or the Belechick system?" debate. Figured the Bucs might make the playoffs, but not the whole thing. So Brady won that one, I gotta give him props for that.
The rough part of being a set collector. I feel ya.
ReplyDeleteI know this feeling - having spent way too much on Yankees and Michael Jordan cards. I enjoyed this past Super Bowl for the first time in several years (even though my Packers didn't win a single playoff game) because Tom Brady wasn't in it.
ReplyDelete