Featured Post

COMC Time: Part 1 - The Queen of the Topps Yearly Release Schedule

A month or two ago, I placed another order over on COMC for some wanted baseball cards.  Luckily, the site is now shipping in a more reasonable time period (down to a 6 weeks or so after taking well over 6 months the last time I ordered).  Of course, I'm not trying to collect the latest "hotness" so I actually don't mind the wait that much.

Anyhow, you don't care about the wait - you care about the cards!  I'm going to split up the mailing into a few different posts to keep things manageable so let's dig into the first batch of cards right now.

We'll begin with five short prints from the 2018 Topps Gypsy Queen set.


Those five cards were the final five cards that I needed for my 2018 Gypsy Queen set build!  Even better, they were the final five cards that I needed for any of my 2018 set builds and so I'm now able to delete the 2018 section from my want list entirely!

Next, a fairly large pile of 2013 White Framed Gypsy Queen parallels!


In total, I was able to add ten more of the parallels to my White Framed set build.  Prior to my COMC purchase, I was missing a total of 13 of the parallels which means I'm now only in search of three more before this set can also be removed from my want list forever.  Should you happen to have any lying around unloved, here's what I still need:
10.  Al Kaline
296. Phil Hughes
300.  Johnny Bench

Finally, finishing off the Gypsy Queen portion of the purchase, here's a base card from the 2011 Gypsy Queen set.


Yep, Ichiro had eluded me for over a decade!  With the Ichiro base (not even a short print) now in my possession, I'm only missing a bunch of short prints:

2011 Topps Gypsy Queen:
Base:   310, 311, 313, 315, 317, 323, 326, 330, 339, 341, 342, 345, 346, 348, 349

Funny how the 2011 set has proven to be much more difficult to complete as compared to the 2018 set (and even the 2013 White Framed parallel set)!  I guess you never know with cards - and that's part of the charm of being a set collector.

I've got plenty more to show off from my COMC order but that will have to wait for another day.  For now, I need to get my want list on the blog updated as well as my lists over on TCDB - after all, it'd be a shame to trade for a duplicate of a card I just bought off of a different site!

 

Comments