Featured Post

Christmas in August!

The calendar may say it's still August but around my house, it's Christmastime!  Okay, that part isn't actually true as I wouldn't wish away the last few weeks of summer weather BUT it does feel a bit festive lately in my mailbox as I've managed to secure a couple of Pacific Christmas Ornaments from the 2000 set that I recently decided to collect.

The first (of two) ornaments in the mail this week was this wonderfully shiny Frank Thomas card. 

I love the Pacific Ornament set - it's what I wish Topps had done when they started doing their own version of holiday baseball cards.  Shiny, die-cut, and even include a string to hang the card up on a tree if you desire.  Now that's how you do a card with holiday flair!

The other ornament I got from the set was this Mike Piazza.

Notice how Pacific even did different die-cut designs within the set.  Pacific certainly went the extra mile on this set...so much so that I felt compelled to collect it over two decades after its original release!  

I may not have much interest in a lot of modern cards, but at least I'm able to stay in a cardboard state of mind by rediscovering some older sets that I missed out on (and/or totally forgot about).  

As for the 2000 Pacific Ornament set, here's what I still need if you happen to have any lying around:



Comments

  1. Well, I could help you out, but I've been trying to chase down this set as well. Coincidently, started putting it together after I finished the base set myself earlier this year. Definitely unique and thankfully my son is too old to contemplate using them as an actual ornament...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so much better than the recent attempt Topps made at ornament cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there any collectors who don't miss Pacific? If there are, I can't imagine there being many.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment